Schools in 25801>Question Details

nina0306, Home Buyer in Beckley, WV

My husband is getting relocated to Beckly WV and i would love to know if this is a friendly town to live in. We have an 8 year old girl who is just

Asked by nina0306, Beckley, WV Wed Dec 28, 2011

so sweet, but has a tought time making friends because she is a bit shy.
Any suggestions to make her transition easier.

0 votes Share Flag Schools in 25801

Answers

4
Where r u moving from? I am from Florida, and I am a city girl. I have been here for 4 years now and I am miserable here. If u are not from here, u will never be accepted here. Yes, people are very friendly, but they always remind me that I am "the Florida Lady". I am moving back to West Palm Beach very soon---and I can't wait to get out of here. I hope you will have a better experience than I did.
I wish i still lived there. Some people are a little cautious until they know you and that you are a good family. The people there will help you any way they can if you need help. I moved to Indiana after getting married and my next door neighbors didn't even say hello and if we were in the yard they ignored us even after we tried to be friendly ( we were a clean military family ) I really missed Beckley while living there. Most of the people are down to earth and don't like to see others acting uppity. I thought you might like hearing from someone that is not an agent. I live in Alabama now, about 17 miles from Ft. Benning Georgia. Good luck with your new move and best wishes to your daughter as i am sure she will love the schools there after she adjusts.
I think that she will adjust just fine. We have many activities no matter what her interests are. Our local YMCA has swim teams, soccer, the local churches have upward programs including soccer, chearleading, and basketball. There are dance and chear teams, gymnastics and music teachers for all instruments in the area. I grew up in Raleigh county and have an eight year old as well. Our schools have excellent teachers and high acheivement scores. I think you will be very pleased with the Beckley area. Let me know if I can help in any way.
Darlena McMillion
Web Reference: http://8884salewv.com
Beckley is a very friendly town. If your daughter is school age, she should meet friends easily, or at churches.
Are you looking to move soon? Will you be buying a house? How could I help?