Schools in Chattanooga>Question Details

Allyjane, Home Buyer in Chattanooga, TN

My husband has taken a job in Chattanooga TN. We are not sure what area we should be looking in. We have a child starting middle school and one

Asked by Allyjane, Chattanooga, TN Wed Apr 21, 2010

starting elementary school. We have looked all over for a home but do not seem to be having much luck. We were told to stick with the westview school and et hamilton but it is hard to find a home in those areas in our price range that is not completely outdated. What other school districts can we look in. How to do the GA schools rate against the TN schools. I can not seem to get any real answers.

Answers

5
I am in the Nashville area, but if you call an agent with a Realty company they can get you the statistics. Also if you google Chattanooga and search for the statistics of that town it will give you lots of information such as, schools, crime, income ratio's and how much housing is.

I hope this helps
Hi Allyjane,

Welcome to Chattanooga!! The other day I came across a new publication in the Times Free Press(the local paper) called Chattanooga Now. I would be happy to mail a copy of it to you, but you can also access a lot of the information from the paper's website, http://www.timesfreepress.com/news/chattanooganow/2010/schools/. I was very impressed in the variety of content found within this local magazine. It's a great resource for anyone moving to the Chattanooga/NW GA areas. I don't know if you have the time, but I would highly recommend touring as many schools as possible.
Another place where you can go to ask local people their opinions regarding the schools in this area is http://www.city-data.com/forum/chattanooga/. This is a forum where you can post questions from A to Z regarding Chattanooga and the surrounding areas.
If I can answer any other questions regarding the Chattanooga area, please feel free to contact me. If you would like a copy of the publication, please contact me with your mailing address, and I will get that out to you ASAP!

Thanks and good luck,

Rachel Bruner, ABR
The Charlotte Mabry Team
423-255-6600 mobile
rjbruner@comcast.net
Hello Allyjane,
http://www.greatschools.net is a great resource. The majority of my relocating clients use this website as their school resource. It will rank schools 1-10 with a 10 being the highest, give you reading and math scores, and alot of other helpful information. I would start there. This should also help you with GA schools.

You will hear alot of buzz about private schools. They are huge hear, not because of need. Use the website and go visit.

It sounds like you have already been looking at houses and there are alot of areas, depending on your price range. Please let me know if I can help you any other information.

Thanks for using Trulia, it is a great resource.
Diane Burke
Prudential Realty Center
423-774-7703
Hi Allyjane,

It is difficult to get concrete answers sometimes about school systems. There is a web site called greatschools.com and it will give you some insight. As far as Georgia goes, a lot of people there like the Ringgold area schools. I just sold a house to a couple from Nashville , and they settled in Ringgold, largely because of the great value in home prices, as well as the schools there. Signal Mountain has good schools from elementary to high school age. In fact , they have a two year middle/high school in a beautiful setting.
If you let me know your price range, I can do some research for you. Good luck and please do let me know any other questions you may have!
Many parents like the Soddy Daisy schools and you tend to get a lot more for your money out there than in other areas of Hamilton County. Ooltewah is also know for good schools but you're going to be paying a bit more. I'm not as familiar with the Georgia schools so I don't want to steer you one way or the other on that question.
Web Reference: http://juliaodom.com