Schools in Coldwater>Question Details

Emmamay, Other/Just Looking in Coldwater, MI

My grandson is 10 years old. He has been going to Public schools. Do you have a "Special Needs " school in Coldwater?

Asked by Emmamay, Coldwater, MI Thu Jun 3, 2010

He has been diagnosed with Ashberger Syndrome. This is a type of autism. He is not functioning in public schools, because he is different. The kids pick on him, beat him up, and steal his lunch. Although he is 10, his scholastic level is that of a 5 year old. He really needs to be in a special school, where the kids are of the same needs. Also, "special needs" teachers would help him tremendously. All they are doing now, is basically passing him along. If you could help, I would appreciate it.

Answers

3
Yes They do its by Legg middle school.
yes they do its by the legg jr high. don't know the name of it.
Emmamay,
My daughter is 8 and up until a few months ago when we moved to Osseo she had been going to Bronson Schools. There is a little girl that was in her class several years that has Ashberger's. She has children in the class that volunteer to help as well as parapro's that come in to help her.
If it is not too far to go for him to attend school, I would suggest you consult with the principal at Ryan Elementary. I think it may be an option for your grandson.