Schools in 46319>Question Details

Kelly, Other/Just Looking in 60638

My family and I are going to be moving to Griffith next month, is Griffith still the nice neighborhood I remember from when I was a child(I lived

Asked by Kelly, 60638 Fri Nov 20, 2009

there about 16 years ago)?And how do you find out what school your child will attend?

0 votes Share Flag Schools in 46319

Answers

5
I have lived here 25 yrs. I am currently selling my home only because my daughter and her husband are expecting a child . My first grandchild and they live in peoria, il. So I need to be there. Griffith is a great place. I live two north of the high school and it is a great area.
kelly, no realtor gets to tell you whats a nice neighborhood and what isn't. besides, griffith is more then just a neighborhood.anyways, that sort of thing is usually posted in the mls by the listing agent, unless they decide they don't want to try and find out. in that case, you just need to ask for yourself. call me up, and i'll help you do a professional search in everywhere of the griffith area, and you'll see for yourself is that's the area that you still want to move to.scott 219-588-6787
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Dec 13, 2009
Dear Kelly,

In case you are still interested in the Griffith area, just two weeks ago I listed a home in Griffith. It's a 3 bedroom, 1.5 bath ranch on a slab. It has both a fireplace and a wood burning stove, fenced yard and a lot more. The street does not go all the way through which I think makes for a quieter and safer street. It's about 5 blocks away from my own home.

You can view it on my own Trulia page and of course it's in the MLS (# 253083) and you can view it there. Love to hear from you and how things are progressing.

I think Trulia will only allow one link so you'll have to cut and paste this link to go to the public side of MLS
http://www.gniar.com (Greater Northwest Indiana Association of REALTORS)
Kelly,

Here is my website and you can do the research you need to make a good decision. My website has community and school information you can use. As a REALTOR I cannot tell you, but I can give you the information you need to make the right decision for your family. Unlike Pamela I don't live there now, but I did grow up there. Hope my information helps you and if you need any assistance please feel free to contact me.
Web Reference: http://www.GinaBombin.com
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat Nov 21, 2009
I live here in Griffith now for 14 years and I'm quite happy. I've raised a wonderful son here since first grade and he'll graduate this year. When we got married my husband moved from Illinois to be here. I'm going to have to say yes it's still the nice neighborhood you remember. As for schools, you can call the administration office but as a REALTOR when I want to be SURE where a child will go, I call administation and ask fo "transportation". The person arranging bus schedules is the one in the know.

As for which school, we have four elementary schools with Franklin supposed to be shut down in two years. But even if Franklin was NOT shutting down there are no guarantees. Wherever the boundary lines are now, if a whole lot of kids move in or out of the district, boundary lines can always be redrawn to make sure one school isn't vastly different (in enrollment) from the next.

If you're moving back next month do you want me to start sending you homes that meet your needs? I've been in dozens and dozens of them already so I really am probably one of your best resources. Trulia gives me no way to contact you so you'll have to give me a call.

Pamela Howell
REALTOR
219-201-0500