Schools in Encanto>Question Details

Angel, Home Buyer in San Diego, CA

Moving to encanto area (from florida) but i wanna send my 3 sons to a private school in san diego. 2 are high school age and the other is in middle

Asked by Angel, San Diego, CA Sat Dec 25, 2010

school. All three are exceptional athletes (want a school with a good water polo program and soccer) What schools are recommended?

0 votes Share Flag Schools in Encanto

Answers

5
Hi Angel,
If you will be located in Encanto, your closest private schools would be Mator Dei down south in the East Lake area or St. Augustine in North Park(the closer of the two). Both have wonderful scholastic programs and are aggressive about their sports programs. There are other schools obviously, but these two, I believe, are your closets options. Private middle schools...St. Patricks in North Park is a great school with a record of some 50 years plus. Available if you would like more information. Happy New Year!
There are more than a few schools you can take a look at that would suit your needs. They are in no particular order: St Augustine, cathedral, la jolla country day, bishops. As for public schools ... I would look to get inter school transfer and would look at Coronado or la jolla high. I hope this helps. Feel free to email me if you have any questions - I have family members going to several of the schools I mentioned.
George.r.baehr@gmail.com
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Dec 26, 2010
Welcome to San Diego, Angel!

There are many private schools from which to choose. You can use the Great Schools link I provided to start your research (you can reach me via my profile if needed). Since your kids are in middle and high school, just uncheck the boxes on the left of the web page for preschool and elementary.

I've read that some parents like the Horizon schools (Christian), Francis Parker and La Jolla Country School. But, there are some really good public schools here too, so don't rule anything out until you do some research, and talk or correspond with other parents.

Let me know if you have any other questions regarding your move here. I know Encanto well, and the many other neighborhoods and cities here in San Diego.

Happy Holidays!
I know the Encanto area. Spending a lot of money on private schools is not necessary. Go on line abd you will find several to choose, this is a private choice. I can also help you with the schools. I can send you infr for each school you like. I have been in the business over 25 years and know it well. I work with my daughter so you will have 2 helping you. Hope this helps. Dana & Eva Send your email and phone number. 888-408-4888
Web Reference: http://www.danaleerosas.com
Bishops is te best School in san Diego... Its a bit expensive but they have a great water polo team... It is located in La Jolla
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat Dec 25, 2010