Schools in Killeen>Question Details

ewalberer, Other/Just Looking in Killeen, TX

Moving to Fort Hood, TX in July. I have a special needs child going into Middle school, and another in elementry.

Asked by ewalberer, Killeen, TX Mon Dec 3, 2012

I am looking for the best area to live with schools that can provide an above average eductation.

1 vote Share Flag Schools in Killeen

Answers

3
I would recommend Skipcha Elementary in Harker Heights and is also near Union Grove MS. My kids are at Union Grove MS and Mountain View Elementary which are across the streets from one another. I would still recommend Skipcha over Mt View due to the staff and newer facilities there. Timber Ridge Elementary and Liberty Hill MS would be another solid choice with homes near the school and the White Rock Estates area with some incredible homes. Thanks for submitting your question. I'd love to help you in your search for a new home in the area.
Travis Reaves
(254) 220-9387 cell
travis@cloudrealestate.com
If you can afford it, the best rated middle and elementary schools are in Harker Heights, east of Ft. Hood. Union Grove MS and Mountainview Elementary School are right across the street from each other. If Harker Heights is out of your price range, you may want to consider moving close to Patterson MS, which is in Killeen. They don't look as good as Union Grove on their Great Schools rating, but I know someone who went to that school and was very happy. Unfortunately there are no very highly rated elementary schools nearby.
Whereever you move to, you probably want to avoid getting into the Shoemaker High School zone. This school has one of the worst reputations. I have heard good things about Ellison High School, and that zone also covers Patterson Middle School.
The school districts website is http://www.killeenisd.org
If you don't want to be part of Killeen ISD, you could also move to Copperas Cove, which is west of Ft. Hood. I don't know much abou those schools, though. I just know that the Copperas Cove ISD has a better reputation than Killeen ISD.
Hi there! I would be happy to help you! I have two sepecial needs children myself so I know how difficult it can be when we have to relocate. I would be happy to answer any and all of your questions! I look forward to hearing from you!

Vicki Ortego
The Exclusive Real Estate Team
254-813-7294
Vickiortego@yahoo.com