Schools in 92656>Question Details

obedv, Home Buyer in Aliso Viejo, CA

Moving from San Diego to the Mission Viejo / Aliso Viejo / Irvine area. Have 2 small girls, all under 3 and wondering about pre-school and

Asked by obedv, Aliso Viejo, CA Wed Mar 7, 2012

elementary schools in the area. Looking to set roots and would like your advice on where to look. Need to be somewhat close to a train station if possible, budget is up to $400K.

0 votes Share Flag Schools in 92656

Answers

7
Hi Obedv,
In terms of schooling, I'd suggest to first decide on the path of private or public. I have 4 children that have all gone to public schools in Aliso Viejo and we have been extremely happy with their school experience. Many public elementary schools offer a pre-K program that normally is on-site. It gets the kids accustomed to the school and helps as well if they have older siblings already going to that location every day.
In regards to the train, where would be the intended destination? If you are looking to commute via train, you’d want to reverse engineer it. Start at your destination and work your way back. There are some really nice train facilities in Orange County. Near the areas that you have mentioned, San Juan, Lag Niguel, and Irvine all offer major boarding areas, some parking is better then others.
I'd love to help. $400K would offer many options in today's market.
Please contact me if i can helo in anyway.
Welcome to OC!
Greg
greg4realestate@gmail.com
1.949.616.5131
dre#01840470
Hello Obedv;
I have done the exact thing back in 1992 moving from Los Angeles to South O.C. Then my kids were same age as your . I had to call Dept. of Education and many other places to find a good school in south Orange County. I decided to move to Mission Viejo which I found one of the safest, cleanest cities in South O.C. It was and still is a perfect city for a young family. My both kids went to Del Cerro which offers the best GATE (Gifted and Talented Education ) program. There is Mission High which is Nationaly recognized. I lived and raised my family here in Mission Viejo. This is just my story. I found Aliso Viejo also nice for young families and has award winning schools too. You will get more for your money in Mission Viejo.The homes are larger with bigger lots. The communities in Mission Viejo are built in more specious settings. If you don't mind the older style homes, you will get better deals in Mission Viejo.
p.s. check out the Mission Viejo Library! One of the most expanded and modern Library in South County.
Good luck and all the best for your move
Shadi Kian
Mortgage and Real Estate Broker
Thank you all for your quick and helpful responses. My email is obedv@ymail.com if you have listings that you feel meet the search criteria. I will put 20% down and have a very good FICO score, so credit should not be a problem. (will not waste your time or mine if we find the right place for the right price.)
Hi Obedy,

I live in Mission Viejo and have worked extensively in all South Orange County cities for over 15 years. Each area has distinct differences, as well as varying tax rates. I'd be happy to give you the pros and cons of buying in each city. I'm always open for a no-hassle consultation!

Regarding schools, please visit my website and hit the "Scool Info" tab. There, you'll find school's credentials, state exam ratings, parent comments, and more.

I'm here to help! All the best.
Web Reference: http://HighcrestRE.com
The 2 only cities in south county which would have train station are: San Juan Capistrano, and Irvine.
Both have great schools.
As far as 400k, you would not be able to buy a singe family home, but Condos for sure.
Web Reference: http://www.jbagahi.com
It would be my pleasure to assist you. We have great schools in Orange County. I too, have little ones, and know how important schools are. Eleven Amtrak trains run daily in Orange County. Please email me directly so we can talk.

Warmest Regards,
Ginger Aliotta
Evergreen Realty & Assoc. Inc.
OChomesDirect@aol.com
HI Obedv,

There is a train stations in Irvine, San Juan Capistrano, laguna Niguel-Mission Viejo. I would check out Amtrak.com to be sure of the train stations and the times they run at that stop in Laguna Niguel-Mission Viejo.
Then would need to know about how much if any you want to spend on HOA fees. There are some questions that need to be answered then we can get a plan together to help you in the decision process.. call or email me so I can get started helping you in this process... Thank You

Ingrid Ski Realtor
949-874-0432
OCAreaHomes@gmail.com