Schools in Montclair>Question Details

Anne, Other/Just Looking in New York, NY

Looking for information/opinions on the Montclair Kimberley Academy in Montclair NJ. We are moving from NYC.

Asked by Anne, New York, NY Mon Apr 14, 2008

We would like to know how parents/community feel about this school. Our kids will be entering 4th and 2nd grade next year.
Thanks very much.

Answers

7
Anne,

Sorry for the late response. I hope I can still be of help. I am a 1987 alum of MKA and currently serve on their alumni council. I live in Montclair and can give you a candid view on the school; both the good and the bad. Feel free to e-mail me and I can give you some more details. richardgstanton@yahoo.com http://www.StantonRealtors.com
Anne,

This is the second answer to your question because I just had a thought. In addition to being area realtors, I am a vision therapist for an local eye doctor. I have had 4 patients who all attend Montclair Kimberly, both in grammar school and high school. The high school students started in the lower grades and the grammar school students will be attending the high school. Not all of those students live in Montclair. Also, my neighbor in Bloomfield has two children who attend the school. I've never heard of anyone not being pleased -- but as I said in my previous email, they have a criteria for students attending.
If your children have been accepted, then it's a non issue, but if they have not been accepted, you need to check it out. If you want to talk further, you can refer to our website for our contact information.
Are you looking to buy in that area? My husband and I are selling our 11 year old colonial in Little Falls which is less than 2 miles from the school. Contact me if you are interested...
A GREAT private school! Let me know if you are looking to buy in that area. My husband and I are selling and live 5 minutes from there. House is 11 years young and BEAUTIFUL inside and out- Contact me if you are interested...
Anne,

Are you moving to Montclair or a surrounding town? It's a well-rated private school that goes through high school. We suggest you contact the school directly or check out their website. By doing that you will learn the criteria for sending your children there.

Joe and Gail Pieretti
Montclair Kimberly Academy is a very good private school. I haev statistics I can share with you, please contact me. You can also view my website , link provided below, for more information.
If you can please email me directly, I have two terrific agents in the Montclair office I can refer you to, who will give you all the information you need. Are you working with someone now? Let me know so I can help you!