Schools in 30349>Question Details

Keisha, Home Buyer in Fulton County, NY

Looking for a quality daycare

Asked by Keisha, Fulton County, NY Wed Jan 14, 2009

I live in the union crossing subdivison off of butner road in fulton county(camp creek exit). I am seeking a quality daycare, possibly in home. I have not started working yet but want to at least start the drop off at least twice a week)so that once i begin work full time my baby will be familiar with who ever i decide to choose as the daycare provider

0 votes Share Flag Schools in 30349

Answers

5
You can also look at this website for preschools in your area... http://www.findingpreschool.com
I live in the area and there is a great, but small daycare on stonewall tell. It is called New Horizons and the staff is wonderful. My daughter is 2 and they have taught her ABC's, numbers, colors, and so much more I am amazed at her growth especially since it is such a small daycare.
I'd touch base with neighbors and let them know what you're looking for. Odds are that they will have good input about the local area and which facilities have the best track records.

Hank
Here is information I found on the net.

Choosing a day-care provider:
Your checklist
by Lisa Schulman

Email this page Print Tips for selecting a daycare provider:

Visit the facility twice: once by yourself to ask questions, and once with your child to observe.

Know your state's licensing regulations. Do they include mandatory CPR training, frequent inspections, background checks, fingerprinting and TB tests?

Before you begin the search, write your "wish list" for a caregiver. Update and delete as your perceptions change. When you think you have found someone, make sure he or she fits the bill on the majority of "wish" list items.

When placing an ad in the paper, use the phone to screen thoroughly. Only visit the top candidates.

Always check references.

If you see parents on-site, be subtle but try to get impromptu references.

Before acceptance, ask yourself, "Do I feel completely confident with this person?"
Have you considered speaking with your neighbors, going to park talk with local mom's, wealth of information from local residences.
Web Reference: http://www.lynn911.com