Schools in Keller>Question Details

Cstatham, Other/Just Looking in Keller, TX

Keller, Texas. we have a 5 yr. old and want a neighborhood with excellent public schools, community pool, family-oriented area. Not sure what our

Asked by Cstatham, Keller, TX Wed Jan 13, 2010

buying power is, since I don't know what your taxes and insurance cost. Our household income is 125K. We owe 93K on our home. No other debt. High credit score. Any tips?

0 votes Share Flag Schools in Keller

The Keller Heritage area or more specifically the Bluff's in Heritage Keller would be an excellent choice that would meet all your needs! As a professional Realtor from this area. I can help you find and navigate through all the exciting choices and options available to you in this area. It is best if you have a realtor that is familiar with the location and choices that you will have within the new home and existing home market. If you decide to purchase a new home, you need a realtor that understands and can explain the difference in the Tax Escrow implications that could affect your monthly payments.

The two neighborhoods that I have mentioned are Hillwood Residential Master Planned communities that offer a beautifully designed Clubhouse offering residents a state of the art exercise facility and a 10 acre swim park. Residents can enjoy the covered patio seating, indoor kitchen and outdoor grill which is perfect for any event. The Clubhouse also includes meeting rooms which are equipped with Wi-Fi internet. Thoughtfully planned parks and miles of trails exist throughout Heritage, allow residents to bike or walk to the playground, tennis courts or spray park. The Heritage area has natural beauty that truly sets it apart from other residential communities. Two hundred acres of lush parks, paved trails and wide-open spaces make this a true urban oasis.

The city of Keller was named one of the 7th best places to live in the nation by CNN Money magazine. These new homes in this area have energy savings features that include Radiant Barrier decking and Double Pane Low E Windows which will save significantly on your summer utility bills.
Keller ISD has 14 elementary schools that are rated Exemplary and situated in outstanding communities. Here is a link to the Keller ISD Performance Reports.
Heritage boasts 3 on site elementary schools. KISD has ranked among the highest school districts in all of Texas. Keller ISD has two National Blue Ribbon Schools of Excellence, 32 TEA Exemplary and Recognized schools as well as the 2007 Texas State Secondary Teacher of the Year and the 2008 Texas State Elementary Teacher of the Year.

Using a local professional Realtor that is familiar with the area and with the New Home market will make your search a lot easier and stress free. I am here to help and would love to answer any other questions you may have about the Heritage area. Feel free to call or email me anytime!

Coldwell Banker Residential Brokerage
800 S. Main Street #224, Keller, Tx 76248
(817) 713-4598 cell
It sounds like you are in a good position to be in Keller.
Keller sounds like a good place for you.
Best thing to do is get prequalified with a lender.
This will tell you how much home you can buy, and what the monthly payments will be.

Then decide what you want to spend and start looking.

Let us know if you need a referal to a lender and need a list of homes in your price range.

Bruce Lynn
Web Reference:
Bruce Lynn, Real Estate Pro in Coppell, TX
The other posters are right. Keller, Texas does have many opportunities available to you. Right now, your best option is to find a Realtor that can work with you by looking into your personal information so that they can answer these questions and assess your buying power and housing affordability.

You will need to find a Realtor that not only specializes in the Keller, Texas area, and the area where your current home is located, but has helped buyers purchase a house in that area recently. AgentHarvest has a free Realtor finding service that can help you find an agent that recently helped clients purchase a home in the area you are looking in. On our blog,, you can find articles designed to help you make an informed choice when picking an agent and we're available to answer any questions you may have about finding an agent.
Web Reference:
There are many fantastic neighborhoods in Keller, the link to their ISD for school ratings is Hidden Lakes is a wonderful neighborhood, very family oriented with a variety of price ranges for homes $200k - near $1mil...and the schools most of the neighborhoods are zoned for are all exemplary rates, Hidden Lakes elementary, Bear Creek Interm, Keller Middle and Keller High is Recognized. I just listed a home, check it out at Feel free to email or call with any questions!
Web Reference:
ps Another helpful website, right here on Trulia!,TX/
As you can tell, Keller is a very popular city! I also live in Keller and have children and grandchildren in the Keller Independent School (KISD) system. Our taxes range from 2.92% - 3.13% of the tax appraised value of your home. Texas is a homestead tax exemption state so after you live in the home on January 1 of the tax year, you are eligible for a the tax exempt status (generally 20% reduction in tax of the tax appraised value). Texas does not have state income tax, so home owners subsidized our schools and roads.

New schools opened this school year and the area is constantly growing. A new hospital is being built at the corner of I35 and Golden Triangle. Kroger is building a 123,000 (yes!!) square foot store in the Alliance Town Center which is located off I35 and Heritage Trace.

A useful website to determine homeowner's insurance is :

You probably are aware that a mortgage payment is made up of: PITI

When you register on my website, you can estimate your monthly payment and I can provide you with the "unexempt" tax amount (which is what your payment would be based on prior to January 1,2011). You will also be able to determine what schools are in the neighborhood as well as the demographics.

Having a 5 year old means you probably prefer your child to enter a Pre-K and follow classmates through Elementary and above. The community pool and activities is a great place for your little one to meet children that he/she will socialize with in school. One of my particular favorites for family activities such as barbecues, 4th of July, neighborhood swap meets, Halloween and Holiday festivities is Heritage Addition. There are new homes as well as preowned homes for sale and they sell anywhere from $62.00 - $120.00 per square foot. There are luxury homes as well as beautifully built homes with nice sod and room for your child to play in the backyard. Lots of nice areas to learn how to ride that first bicycle!

Can you tell I am excited about Keller? Sorry if I ramble but I want to develop trust with you so when the time is right, you will call on me to help you find the right home for you and your family!

Best regards!

Lucy A. Puniwai
Zip Realty
1-800-CALLZIP X5622

(214) 783- 6416 - Cell
(866) 381-4294 - Fax

In God we Trust
Keller is a great place to call home. As you know it was recently ranked as the 7th best city in the US in which to live so there is a lot that is right about the city and the school district and the area in general. I have a graduating senior this year myself who has always attended Keller schools since Kindergarten,

Is your home currently listed or will you need to sell it in order to be able to purchase your next home? I would encourage you to consult a mortgage broker to determine the information you asked, such as what price range you will be qualified for and how much your monthly costs would be for taxes, etc. They could give you the most accurate estimate based on a particular priced property. If you do not know one I could recommend several to you.

If I can answer any other questions for you please contact me via email or at 817-800-4780.

Best of luck.
I live in the area and moved here because we wanted our kids to go to Keller ISD! I can't say enough about how much I enjoy living in the area. That is why when I decided to specialize in an area I chose Keller and NE Tarrant County. There are several neighborhoods in this area that would be ideal for you and your family. It really depends on what exactly you are looking for. You mentioned you owe 93K on your home, is it currently listed or have you alreadt sold your home? I can send you information about the taxes, different neighborhoods and community programs in the area. Just let me know what I can do to help!

Heather Shimala

Your Move Matters!!!
There are several areas that fit your criteria. Do you want to stay in the Keller area or are you ok with moving? What area do you work in and how much of a commute are you ok with? As far as your buying power, a lender can give us that information. I work with several great ones that have never let my clients or myself down. Please let me know if I can help. I work all of Tarrant County as well as Parker County. My direct email is