Schools in 04348>Question Details

Tedjjmarco, Home Buyer in Somerville, ME

Is zip code 04348 a good place3 to raise your family?

Asked by Tedjjmarco, Somerville, ME Tue Apr 26, 2011

0 votes Share Flag Schools in 04348

Answers

3
I have to agree with John Snyder, below (who happens to be my husband). I've never heard of anyone asking if a zip code is a good place to raise a family (people tend to discuss whether a certain town has certain amenities e.g. schools, green space, etc); especially when the town that zip code represents is just 8 miles away.

It's important to note here that Realtors are not allowed to answer this kind of question with any kind of specifics as it could constitute "steering" or housing discrimination. (If we say "Yes", that could mean that other towns nearby are NOT good places to raise a family, and if we say "No", that's even worse.) It is indeed up to the individual to do his due diligence and make up his or her own mind regarding whether a property is the right one for him (or her).

In fact, Maine's "Exclusive Buyers Representation Agreement" (the contract between a Realtor and a buyer) states specifically that: "All properties are acceptable at the absolute and sole discretion of [the] Buyer". We as Realtors do not and cannot make judgments or interpretations re locations. We are only supposed to deal in the facts.

That said, it would be best for anyone who has questions about the suitability of a specific location to do some research... decide what it is that you're looking for in a town and neighborhood (low taxes, access to public transportation, a dog park, sidewalks, arts & culture, whatever) and then research those specific items.

Otherwise, it's all subjective and what may work for me could be the absolute opposite of what you're looking for... and in the case of a licensed real estate professional, answering could be a black mark against our license.

Linda Snyder, Associate Broker
Allen & Selig Realty
One Walnut Hill Commons
N Yarmouth ME 04097
207 / 829.3339
It is pretty, rural country there. Not far from Damariscotta, Camden... Also the park for Damariscotta Lake is there. Depends on what you are looking for!
I am confused by this question. Why are you asking it? Somerville (where Tedjjmarco says he/she lives) is eight miles from Zip code 04348. I doubt this a serious question.

John Snyder
On the Spot Rentals
Auburn, Maine
207-713-0674