Schools in 92394>Question Details

Nohelia Simm…, Renter in Victorville, CA

Is victorville ca a good place to raise a family?

Asked by Nohelia Simmons, Victorville, CA Tue Nov 1, 2011

0 votes Share Flag Schools in 92394

Answers

4
My suggestion is that you need to drive around the area where you are considering buying the house on weekends. It is probably worth the investment to rent a motel on Friday night and check out the activity of the neighborhood.
Here is a tip on what to look at

1. How the neighbor's yards are maintained.
2. Cars in driveways, are they blasting music?
3. What activities are people engaged in?

This will gives you an idea of what is going on in the neighborhood.

I moved from Santa Ana, in 2007 and my son now 17 and daughter soon to be 13. They love it here.
We go visit friend and family to Orange County but we won't move back because is too crowded it

Good luck!!
1 vote Thank Flag Link Tue Nov 1, 2011
Driving around the area is so valuable. Everyone's tastes are different and what I would call "a good area" you may not.
Hi Nohelia,

Yes yes yes! I totally agree with the other comments. I've been in the High Desert over 20 years and raised my kids here. We love it. I wouldn't move back down the hill. Look around and see if an area has pride of ownership.

Karen
I agree with the tips from Hector Reyes. Very good information. I to live here in Victorville. I have been here since 2004. There are good areas and bad areas like in every city across this country. One thing for sure the air is better in the High Desert and so are the sunsets. They are incredible. But the best thing to do is come check us out and see what you think.