Schools in 30518>Question Details

moorevivforu, Other/Just Looking in Buford, GA

Is this a safe place for a single mother with a child?

Asked by moorevivforu, Buford, GA Tue Jan 3, 2012

0 votes Share Flag Schools in 30518

Answers

5
The first question I usually get from prospective buyers with chidren is related to school ratings. The higher the ratings, the greater is the demand for that particular school. The parents who are concerned for their childeren's education are most of the time more actively involved in their child's school, which also promotes being an active citizen in other areas -- this includes keeping an area safe. The school system is one of the best indicators of general area safety. When I go into an area and I see lots and lots of happy little kids getting off that school bus, I know the area is probably safe for my cleint. It's sort of an understood item that high school ratings and a safe neighborhood are first cousins, so to speak. I work with a lot of clients with children, and they often have a preference for the Buford / Sugar Hill area because of the schools.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Tue Jan 3, 2012
Hello!
I and my Partner and I happen to sell a lot Buford and Gwinnett in general. We both actually have lived in Buford. The city feeling is very family oriented due to the schools being great, the sports and music programs are also amazing. There are several parks in the area and of course all the great shopping and the restaurants.
My husband and I lived in Buford for many years right after we moved from Texas and we loved it. Should I mention to you that he is a cop and safety for him is the biggest concern when he selects a neighborhood. Also, there are several builders actively building homes in this city. Thats a great sign and talks well about an area. It means people continue to purchase and chose this city as their home. Like any other place you have to do your due diligence by checking the neighborhoods, talking to neighbours, visiting websites for actual data. Try http://www.crimemaps.com these are generated by the county based on police reports and 911 calls. Hope this helps you. Keep us in mind when you and your girld become ready to find your dream home, we would love to serve you!!!

The Leema Team
Gwinnett Realtors
http://www.thelistingsource.com
678-772-8585

I understand your concern, and since you are "Just Looking" I would recommend that you take a drive and look at some of the areas at different times of the day and weekends. You can check the school ratings and crime statistics to help you make the best decision for you and your family, as some of the agents recommended.

Please feel free to call me or email with if you have any questions. You can reach me at 770-617-3982 or email at itasellshouses@gmail.com.

Kind Regards,

Ita Borrero
Virtual Properties Realty.biz
6650 Sugarloaf Pkwy
Duluth, GA
Safety is relative.

How do you assess "safety" across an entire zip code?

A tree fell on my friends house in Roswell yesterday. Is Roswell unsafe?
The best way to determine if an area is suitable for you would be to contact Gwinnett County and Hall County Police Departments and ask for the crime reports for Buford Ga. I have also included a link to Gwinnett County Schools that will give you the information on the schools in Buford. If you are in the city Limits of Buford you would attend Buford City Schools. All others would be county or private.

http://www.gwinnett.k12.ga.us/gcps-mainweb01.nsf

If I can be of any other help, feel free to contact me through my website below.

Thank you and Have a Good Evening!