Schools in Katy>Question Details

Stephanie He…, Home Buyer in Katy, TX

Is my child allowed to go to memorial parkway even though its 3.0 miles away?

Asked by Stephanie Hernandez, Katy, TX Sun Aug 19, 2012

This question was asked from…

0 votes Share Flag Schools in Katy

Help the community by answering this question:


It all depends on the zoning. Go to, and that will tell you what school you are zoned to. Now If you were a teacher in KISD, that would be no problem.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Mon Aug 20, 2012
Hi Stephanie,

That depends on your address. School zones are divided by addresses. You can check the Katy ISD website to see if your address is zoned or call the school direct. If you are out of district you could also request a transfer to attend that school. The only risk is that out of district students are not given top priority of the enrollment is capped the next year.

Why do you want to attend that school?
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Aug 19, 2012
It is not the distance, it is the zoning. If you are in KISD, but not in Memorial Parkway zoning, they might allow your child to go to that school, but you will be responsible for transportation. Go to and call school district for details.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Aug 19, 2012
If you live in Williamsburg Settlement the elementary school should be Winborn and the junior high and hgh schools should be Morton Ranch. Pease go to Katy ISD website to verify.
Web Reference:
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Aug 19, 2012
If you want to know what school your child is zoned to you can find out at
Web Reference:
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Aug 19, 2012
Search Advice
Ask our community a question
Email me when…

Learn more

Home > Texas > Harris County > Katy > Schools in Katy > Question
Copyright © 2016 Trulia, Inc. All rights reserved.   |  
Have a question? Visit our Help Center to find the answer