Schools in Chelsea>Question Details

clkemar, Renter in New York, NY

Is chelsea a good place to raise a family?

Asked by clkemar, New York, NY Thu Apr 26, 2012

0 votes Share Flag Schools in Chelsea

Answers

4
A good place should be dictated and defined by personal preferences, wants, needs, lifestyle, etc.; therefore if unfamiliar with the area take the time and revisit more than once and at different times of day, then determine if your comfort level will be reached. Real estate professionals are prohibited from steering, enticing a buyer to purchase, or not, in specific neighborhoods.
Hi clkemar,

As Anna stated a good neighborhood should be determined by your wants and needs in this case I would assume you want a good neighborhood to raise a family which would include top performing schools, lower crime rates and near by recreation.

We provide a very informative section on each neighborhood on our website, and here is the section for Chelsea: http://www.elikaassociates.com/chelsea-nyc

Should you like any other resources and help with an exclusive buyer's agent to find a property please don't hesitate to contact me.

Ben Nitti
ben@elikaassociates.com
1 vote Thank Flag Link Fri Apr 27, 2012
clkemar,
Great question. Chelsea is a wonderful, vibrant neighborhood. The blocks are lovely, there are many art galleries, and the Highline and Chelsea Piers are two great attractions. As far as "a good place to raise a family," we are not allowed to answer such questions directly because of fair housing laws, but I would suggest you look into the schools, spend some time, and form your own impression. It is a very, very popular neighborhood and for good reason.

I would strongly suggest when you are ready to purchase that you use a skilled, experienced agent to help you. We streamline your search, negotiate on your behalf, and take you through all the steps of buying.

Jenet Levy
Halstead Property, LLC
jlevy@halstead.com
212 381-4268
htt://jenetlevy.halstead.com for all NYC listings
1 vote Thank Flag Link Thu Apr 26, 2012
I lived there for many years with my 3 kids and loved living there. Chelsea Piers was our hang out with basketball and soccer. Great shopping, whole Foods Trader Joe's Paragon sporting Goods, Union Sq. market. Wonderful parks ; Union Sq. Park, Madison Ave Park as well as the High Line and River Front Park. I have a great Townhouse Rental at 461 West 18th St for $6400 2-3 Bedroom 2 baths , arched windows skylights, deck and so much more! BascomRealEstate.com hope to see you in the hood!