Schools in 76107>Question Details

Erica.briody, Home Buyer in Fort Worth, TX

Is 76107 a good place for children where they will meet lots of new friends?

Asked by Erica.briody, Fort Worth, TX Sun Dec 9, 2012

0 votes Share Flag Schools in 76107

Answers

5
A Realtor cannot answer that, but can tell you, where ever you decide to move check out the sex offenders list in area.
Also check out the ratings of the schools. http://www.greatschools.org/texas/fort-worth - here is the link. I am very familiar in the area. I have lve in Fort Worth since 1994 and I am A Tx Affordable Hom Specialist and can connect yo with th proper lenders that are involved in the First time buyers program, bonds and grants. Also great buys on new homes.
Contact me
Penny Adkerson
Agent/Fadal-Buchanan
pyadkerson@att.net
817-28-7706
Penny,
Do yourself a favor: if you want to "advertise" on Trulia and be sucessful, I suggest you check your spelling & grammar before you publish it. Example: you didn't even type in your phone number correctly. How could anyone call you??
And I'd like to know why you think a Realtor cannot answer this lady's question? She asked: "...will my children meet lots of new friends in this area"? Why wouldn't they? If you send any kid to school, in any neighborhood, they are going to meet new friends. What's so mysterious about that??
Rick
Flag Thu Dec 13, 2012
Good Afternoon Erica
You ask a great question but, it is not one that any realtor can answer unless he or she lives in the area now and has children. I am going to attach a link below this answer for you, it will take you to statistical information about the area, the schools, housing, census information, area shopping and much more. I encourage you to have a look. I used to live in the area and loved it but whether or not it is the right area for you and your children, I don't think I can answer from just your question alone. I wish you the best of luck finding a new home! If you have any additional questions or need a great REALTOR to help please give me a call.

John Straub
817-729-4281
john@dfwfamilyrealty.com

http://www.dfwfamilyrealty.info
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Dec 9, 2012
Dear Erica,

The most important reason that families consult with me before moving is to secure good schools for their children. Don't you wish that ALL schools were highly rated, and all teachers were high-payed trained professionals? But, alas, not all school systems are created equal. On the average, a school system is made up of the people who live in the neighborhood, and it usually reflects the financial health of the population around it. But remember: People who rent apartments don't pay school taxes. In Texas, school taxes are paid by home owners. So the money that a given school has to work with may be partially determined by the wealth of the neighborhood around it.

So, ...that means you want to try to live in the most expensive neighborhood that you can afford to live in, for the sake of your children. If you will contact me, we can determine what that is. And then, whether you're renting or buying a house, you will find the neighborhood you are comfortable with. And don't forget, not all Zip Codes are homogeneous. There can be good schools and poor schools in the same zip code. First of all, it depends on the size and make-up of the area designated in a given zip code. Postal authorities didn't have anything to do with establishing school system boundaries.

If you are about to move, your children will meet lots of new friends in any school you go to. I was an Army Brat, and my family moved every 2 to 3 years. I always made new friends when I went to a new school, and I think it broadens your perspective and helps children to grow up being more able to adapt to the adult world. But having "friends" is not the main reason you send your children to school. You want them to get the best education they can get.

I will be happy to give you some guidance on the different zip codes in Tarrant County, as I have over 32 years of experience selling homes around here. I can also help you save some money on your electric bills, if you will contact me BEFORE you hook up your utilities. Don't pay too much every month to TXU or Reliant, and use the extra $1,000 a year that you can save to buy shoes and clothes for your kids!

Good luck on your move, and Happy Holidays to your family!

Rick DeVoss

ULTRA Real Estate Services

817-300-6121

RickDeVoss@Realtor.com

====================
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Dec 9, 2012
This area is well-established and quite cozy, lots of children of all ages and some older families and some singletons, as well. The area is highly sought after by buyers of many ages. Some homes are close enough to walk children to South Hi Mount. If I can help you shop, let me know.
Sloan Yorek
Sloan@Brants.com
817-223-5435
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Dec 9, 2012
Great area with lots of young children moving in every day. Very diverse in ages but certainly becoming a younger area. Lots of remodeling and make overs being completed. A very desirable zip code!

Brian
817.988.1588
brian@brants.com
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Dec 9, 2012