Schools in West Hill>Question Details

Angela Toble…, Home Buyer in Albany, NY

Is West Hill a good place to raise a family?

Asked by Angela Toblessedtobestressed Bowman, Albany, NY Mon Mar 26, 2012

Answers

4
NO! I grew up in this area and it has deteriorated dramatically over the years. My grandfather built our family home in the late 1800's and it is still standing, tho' deteriorated now and vacant for years. The property values are low, asessments high, and the sense of community is lacking. My aunt lived there for over 50 years and was forced out by the scum of the neighborhood. I would not even get out of my car in that area any more.
West Hill is an unusual community built in the 50's by some very innovative GE engineers and executives who wanted a place where they could raise a family close to city conveniences, but still out in the country.
It has its's own nature preserve with hiking and xcountry ski trails. The views from "The Hill" are truly spectacular.
Had there been a home for sale when we downsized, there is no question in my mind that we would have moved there.
This is correct. Licensed Agents, such as myself, are prohibited by law to make comments that may be viewed as subjective (cannot support by qualitative facts). Unfortunately I do not believe crime rate reports break down rates - per community within a given city (Albany). I personally reside in the Arbor Hill / West Hill area - my family has owned property and businesses here for generations. However, everything is not for everyone - the best way to gauge if your family would be comfortable with any area is to drive through it in am, pm, wkend, etc. Neighbors usually a great source for feedback as well.
I specialize in the Albany market and Buyer Representation. I happy to assist in anyway possible; your welcomed to call at anytime.
Corey Landy
518 250 9339
Web Reference: http://www.coreylandy.com
Thank you Corey
Flag Mon Mar 26, 2012
Everyone's opinions regarding neighborhoods and schools are based on past experience and personal opinions.

Realtors are not legally permitted to comment on either. Check with local police precincts for crime rate and websites that rate schools.

When you are ready to look, we will be happy to assist.

Gail@GailGladstone.com. 631-424-6150
Thank you Gail.
Flag Mon Mar 26, 2012