Schools in 13820>Question Details

M. Sullivan, Home Buyer in 93932

Is Oneonta a good place to raise a family? How are the pre-schools? Family activities? How is the high school?

Asked by M. Sullivan, 93932 Tue Oct 27, 2009

0 votes Share Flag Schools in 13820

Answers

3
Oneonta is a great place to grow up! I grew up in Oneonta and live here now. I was very active in sports from Little League through high school sports (soccer, basketball and softball). We have several pre school programs that are outstanding. We have 3 elementary schools, middle school and high school. Along with our sports programs we have a great arts community as well. Our local Orpheus Theatre group is well known for there outstanding presentations which often perform at the Oneonta State College Goodrich Theater. We also recently opened our historic Oneonta Theatre where popular music groups and local bands play along with some comedy relief. Oneonta has just built Foothills Performing Arts Center where they have popular mucic groups like, Gordon Lightfoot and Crystal Gale along with others. They also have comedy shows and local theater groups that perform. There is plenty to brag about when you talk of Oneonta!! We have two parks with pools, tennis courts, baseball fields, soccer fields, college football games, soccer games and movie theaters at our Southside Mall. As for the adults we have great restraunts, cafe's, coffee shops, night life and shopping on Main Street Oneonta. There are plenty of things to do here no matter what your age!! Feel free to give me a call to show you around town and get you aquainted with our beautiful community! Cricket @ 607-287-8458 or cricketoneontareatly@gmail.com
I think Oneonta is a GREAT place to raise a family! (I personally have been here since 1987 and have a 20 year old attending NYU). I am familiar with the preschool opportunities and would highly recommend Bugbee. I thought the highschool was the best one in this area, although I felt students that excelled in school were not sufficiently challenged and a parent advocate was ESSENTIAL. Parental presence at the school was absolutely necessary. I feel the drop out rate here was high and I thought just as an observer that admin and teachers were "lax" at trying to keep students from "dropping out". It was my experience that I saw several students with good grades leave school before graduation and I fault the administration and the teachers. The sports programs here are sufficiently supported. So if sports is your passion...this is a great city for SPORTS! Boys and girls sports are equally supported. Both parks in town have pools. YMCA is thriving! Please feel free to call me at my office and I will be happy to discuss any of these issues. 607-431-2540 ext 106
Yes Oneonta is a nice place to raise a family. The pre-schools and high school is good. Soccer and baseball are big, also football and pee wee teams for the younger. Neahwa park in Oneonta has a pool. There is a YMCA for activities. Close to Cooperstown for more to do.SUNY Oneonta and Hartwick College located here. Centrally located between Binghamton and Albany. You may contact me at colsen@stny.rr.com for more info. If you would like the real estate listings that are new on the market emailed I can also send them to you. Visit my website at http://www.olsenre.com for more info.
Web Reference: http://www.olsenre.com