Schools in 01085>Question Details

celina_cormi…, Home Owner in Westfield, MA

Is North Middle a better school or is South Middle better?

Asked by celina_cormier, Westfield, MA Sun Feb 12, 2012

0 votes Share Flag Schools in 01085

Answers

3
South middle is way better. You get to have woodshop in 6th 7th and 8th but for North you can only have woodshop in 8th grade. At south the teachers are way nicer and care for you but at North, one teacher lets your have dessert during math. Kids would love that but is it a better education when they have so much energy and sugar? No. At south the education is better and spends each period using their brain and not getting fat. I for one attended both South and North and as I see it, South it better. I absolutely hated at North how the middle school and elementary school are so close. At south the closest elementary school is farther than north. All of the teachers are North had "class pets" which was annoying when the teachers would literally show that they liked you more than all the other students. At South, all students are treated equally and the principal is calmer and chills out more than the principal at North.
My kids attended Munger Hill Elementary, North Middle and are graduating from Westfield High this year (they are triplets!). I hear good things about South Middle, but North Middle was excellent. They were well prepared for their honors and AP coursework at the high school, and have been accepted to some highly selective colleges. (One will attend Bowdoin, one will attend Providence, the other hasn't decided yet.) Ultimately, their success in school will depend on their motivation, your support as well as the quality of instruction, but we really were very pleased with North Middle, and have had excellent results!
Better for whom? In any given town, the people who live there will have different opinions about the same school, teacher, and system. You are better off looking for test results online, and personally interviewing the teacher(s) and principal.

(Please note: when you choose an answer as a Best Answer, or at least give a thumbs up, it helps those who answer questions here.)