Schools in Settler's Landing>Question Details

Kay Bumgardn…, Home Buyer in Chapel Hill, NC

Is Hoggard High School the best high school in Wilmington, NC? How does Laney High & Ashley High compare to Hoggard High?

Asked by Kay Bumgardner, Chapel Hill, NC Mon Apr 8, 2013

This question was asked from http://www.trulia.com/property/1081681638-4305-Scotland-Ln-W…

Answers

5
All four high public high schools here have excellent programs and impressive principals who have been motivating leaders/educators. All fours schools have students placed in the top universities - Duke, Stanford, Harvard, PENN, Chapel Hill. They have had finalists in the Morehead Scholars Program at UNC-Chapel Hill. Last year, some of Ashleys' top students went on to Duke on prestigious scholarships based on their math ability. All schools offer competitive athletics. New Hanover High School has open enrollment and offers a separate "freshman" Program. They also offer the \ Lyceum Program, unique to schools in the area, focussed on academics. Isaac Bear Academy, another option for high school, is located over at UNCW and students can earn up to two years' credit for college. Their graduates have gone on to Harvard, Duke, and won Morehead Scholarships. There are two faith based high schools: Wilmington Christian Academy and Coastal Christian Academy which are thriving. And there is one private, non-sectarian school with excellent credentials - Cape Fear Academy K-12. Many options to consider, but one that will suit your children academic needs/potential.
Many parents and students are perfectly happy with Laney and Ashley as well. All of them graduate kids who are accepted into colleges all over.
As the other agents commented, Hoggard is a very desirable high school and either of the links they provided would have valuable information on the schools here in New Hanover County.

The property that you commented on - 4305 Scotland Ln - has been under a short sale contract since the end of November.

I would be happy to set you up with a customized search for available properties within a certain high school district, if you would like.

Let me know know if there is anything I can do to help.

Nicole
Hoggard is a desirable high school, academically and for their athletic programs. If you want to compare high schools based on annual SAT scores, you can also click on:

http://www.ncpublicschools.org/accountability/reporting/sat/

Hope this helps with your question - let me know if I can help further.
Kraig
It is a highly sought after school, but you may want to go to http://www.ncreportcards.com to check out the school rankings in the area. Let me know if I can help you find a home in Hoggard or any other school district. Thanks -Jeff