Schools in Moraga>Question Details

Lily White,  in Berkeley, CA

If you're to pick from Orinda, Lafayette or Moraga for schools, which one? and why?

Asked by Lily White, Berkeley, CA Wed May 26, 2010

0 votes Share Flag Schools in Moraga

Answers

8
Obviously all three districts are tremendous. I lean towards the Moraga schools from a socio-economic aspect, as I have coached at both Campolindo and Miramonte high schools and one of my parents taught in the Lafayette school district. If i am a buyer and I have specific needs, ranging anywhere from resource to advanced placement courses, sports or other interests associated with the schools, what high school the elementary and intermediate schools flow to: I gravitate towards Campolindo. I rate Miramonte a close second. Coupling the schools with real estate value (where you tend to get more house for your money in Moraga) I again, lean towards Moraga schools. I think it really gets down to ones specific needs. You can't go wrong with any of the Lamorinda Schools.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Thu May 27, 2010
All cities offer an excellent education for elementary and middle school. The difference in the high schools are the electives that are offered at each school. Check the Acalanes School District website for details on courses offered. Inter-district transfers can be requested.

For more information about nuances between the schools and communities, give me a call at 925-330-6108. I have lived in Lamorinda for over 21 years and my children attend the schools here. Also check my website and click on the link "Why Move to Moraga" for more information on this Town.
2 votes Thank Flag Link Sat May 29, 2010
Hello Lily,

All 3 offer great schools, Orinda is very desirable. Here is a link to the API index so you can check on each school. http://api.cde.ca.gov/reports/page2.asp?subject=API&leve…

Please feel free to call or email me if you need any further information. Thak you
As mentioned below all 3 are excellent school districts. There are some aspects unique to each, i.e., programs for special education, etc., so the best bet is to either visit the district offices or go online to each site, which we can help you to do. All 3 communities also have their own personalilities. An experienced realtor for the area can give you specific information. Why not interview a few and then decide whom you would feel most comfortable working with so that you can get personal and expert service.
Suzanne Looker
All the schools in those districts are so good that I would nor even think about living there based on which has the best schools. I would choose where to live based on other, perhaps more personal, criteria, secure in the knowledge that the schools are excellent.

Bernard Gibbons

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Bernard Gibbons, DRE License # 01331583
J. Rockcliff Realtors, 15 Railroad Avenue, Danville, CA 94526
Phone (925) 997-1585 - bernard@bernardgibbons.com
Hi Lily,

Any of the schools in Lamorinda are a safe bet for education. The social aspects vary a bit from school to school, so it would be helpful to know what kind of school and neighborhood experience you want, balanced by what you can afford.

The site http://www.greatschools.org offers a little more insight direct from parents, that might help you get a sense of what each school is really like.

Finally, as we are entering into summer, many schools are already fully registered for a particular grade level for the fall - which means that you might have to schlep your kids across town.
Web Reference: http://www.greatschools.org
Dear Lily,

You are in luck; all three communities have excellent schools. So, if you plan to relocate, you can choose where you want to live in one of these communities and know your family will be well served.

Best of luck in your move!
All three cities have excellent schools from kindergarten through high school. Excellent star scores and Gold & Silver marks from US News & World Reports. The schools in the different cities can differ slightly in demographics however, that's a personal preference.

Regarding schools you really can't lose if you move to any of these cities. You may want to take other criteria into consideration to narrow your home search.

I'm living in Lafayette bringing my four kids through the elementary school system right now. If you have any specific questions about the Lafayette schools feel free to email me and I'll do my best to help you.

Hope this helps.