Schools in Greenville>Question Details

Patrick Tighe, Home Buyer in Piedmont, SC

If the schools listed appear on the Schools in Greenville County School District does that mean that there is a choice of where to place my child?

Asked by Patrick Tighe, Piedmont, SC Mon Feb 4, 2013

This question was asked from http://www.trulia.com/rental/3104377007-420-Perry-Ave-Greenv…

Answers

4
We have school choice in greenville. If you want your child to go to another school, that's not his or her assigned school, then you apply and if and only if they have room after all the assigned kids are accounted for, then your child will get accepted.

Yolanda (mother of 3)
My apologizes. I had given you the schools for Perry Rd not Perry Ave. The elementary school for Perry Ave is Alexander, not Cherrydale. The Middle and High remains the same.
I believe for the address of Perry Ave that the schools would be Cherrydale Elementary, Lakeview Middle and Berea High. I would suggest speaking with someone within the school system to be sure.
If you go to the Greenville county website and put in an address you can find out what schools are districted for that address. You will have one public elementary, middle and high school for an address.

Some schools are choice schools. If it is a public schools, you will have to see if there is space. A charter does a lottery. Then there are private schools.

Let me know if I can help.