Schools in Reno>Question Details

Bball, Other/Just Looking in Reno, NV

If a child wants to attend a school in another school district which they are not zoned for - what is the process for a child to attend

Asked by Bball, Reno, NV Sat Jul 7, 2012

0 votes Share Flag Schools in Reno

Help the community by answering this question:


This is very difficult to do, and a variance is the key... you have to apply for it, and it doesn't mean you'll be accepted.

Recommendation: move to the area.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Tue Jul 10, 2012
It probably depends on which school you want your child to attend and how crowded it is, but I went to the principal of the school and he was more than happy to let my child attend.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Jul 8, 2012
A variance is the only answer!

Lisa Wetzel
RE/MAX Realty Affiliates
1320 Hwy 395
Gardnerville, NV 89410
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Jul 8, 2012
I had a personal experience with trying to get a variance to keep my son at Brown, but we were denied. So just because you asked for one, does not mean it will be automatically accepted.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat Jul 7, 2012
Just asked my wife, a teacher, "You would need to go to the school which your child wishing to attend and get the variance paperwork from them."
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat Jul 7, 2012
Search Advice
Ask our community a question
Email me when…

Learn more

Home > Nevada > Washoe County > Reno > Schools in Reno > Question
Copyright © 2016 Trulia, Inc. All rights reserved.   |  
Have a question? Visit our Help Center to find the answer