Schools in Yorktown>Question Details

Homesick, Renter in Yorktown, VA

If I move to the Grafton High area, can my children still go to Tabb High?

Asked by Homesick, Yorktown, VA Sun Nov 6, 2011

0 votes Share Flag Schools in Yorktown

Help the community by answering this question:


You can go to the York County schools website and fill out an Out-of-Zone Student Application ( and if it is approved, your child can still attend Tabb schools even if you move into the Grafton school district. Normally it will be approved if there is space available and of course you'd be expected to provide transportation for your child. They are pretty flexible there, especially since your child is already attending Tabb schools and you are already a YC resident.

Hope this helps ease your mind.

Angie Harrington, REALTOR
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Nov 6, 2011

To be sure, you may just want to give the folks at YC schools a call or visit. They are located at 302 Dare Rd, Yorktown, VA 23692 and their phone number is (757) 898-0300. is their web address.
Take care!
Teresa Sullivan ABR, CRS, GRI
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Nov 6, 2011

Typically this is accepted if your children have already attended Tabb schools and wish to remain. It then becomes a matter of your providing transportation to and from school, since you will be living outside of the bussing routes for those schools.

All the best, Joe McAvoy
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Nov 6, 2011
Search Advice
Ask our community a question
Email me when…

Learn more

Copyright © 2016 Trulia, Inc. All rights reserved.   |  
Have a question? Visit our Help Center to find the answer