Schools in 17331>Question Details

Neta Kerstet…, Home Buyer in Lewisburg, PA

Id love to know if this would be a good place to raise my special needs kiddo

Asked by Neta Kerstetter, Lewisburg, PA Wed Nov 14, 2012

0 votes Share Flag Schools in 17331

Answers

3
Yes. York City has buildings dedicated for all ages and disabilities. I've worked with their special needs children for years and I have seen much progress with many of the children. Lots of the personnel are pleasant and friendly - loving teachers.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Fri Dec 28, 2012
Very much so. My daughter has worked with the LIU special needs chrildren for the past 2 years and is very proud of the day to day process she makes with the chrildren. Besides school age children there are many other daycares and special needs camps very close by. Have you been in contact with any of the agencys here? I can put a list together for you . Adams Hanover Counseling works wonders getting special need chrildren placed in the correct setting. There are before and after school care . Plus there are tss employes that will work hand in hand with your child No matter the dissabilty.

we are an hours drive to Baltimore and Washington for any special sort of medical needs.EXample Johns Hopkins Hospital is a 45 min trip.Some of the best mediacal care there is. Sheppard Pratt is the same distance they too work with depression and mental issues. The MD school for the blind is close.
Hershey is not far about an hour and they too have excellant care.

I am happy to help you find the information you need to help you find the care you will need. Then you can feel better about moving to a new area because you will have called and discoverd what the area holds for you. Thank you. Sharon Harris
Hi Neta,
I am a realtor, as well as a special education teacher in the area. Hanover is a wonderful place to raise your children. Depending on the severity of your child's disability, the LIU#12 has a wide range of types of classes for children with exceptionalities. They service autism, neurological impairments, life skills, emotional and learning support classes throughout York and Adams counties. Good luck in your search!