Schools in South Scottsdale>Question Details

Jenny Zhong, Home Buyer in Glendale, AZ

I want to know if south scottsdale is a good place to buy rental properties?

Asked by Jenny Zhong, Glendale, AZ Tue Nov 29, 2011

Answers

12
Dear Jenny,

Please tell me what constitutes the concept of good for YOU? Price? Financing? Quality of properties available? What is good for another person may not be good for you so if i knew your goals I would be able to give you and show you through statistics and analysis of individual listings.

Joani Frankel
Some good answers on here, I would only add you know your financial situation. Talk with a financial advisor to see if buying a rental makes sense for you, where you are at with your investments. Are we at the absolute bottom? Time will tell, be leary of anyone who assures you we are. Interest Rates are at historic lows, making now a good time.

Once you have decided to invest, get pre-approved and work with one local Realtor. Best of luck.

Spirit
The City of Scottsdale is putting an emphasis on revitalizing South Scottsdale over the next few years. Get in now before the that happens and reap the gains when it does!
Web Reference: http://griffinmoody.com
Jenny,

Any area can be a good area to buy rental properties. It will all depend upon what you buy the home for and what rent you can get out of it and the type of tenant you want. I have clients that are landlords that buy low as possible, some that buy homes a bit higher to be in nicer areas, and even some investors that like to rent to executives.

Brenda

Ron and Brenda Cunningham
West USA Realty
602-980-3133

**** Recognized in the Phoenix Business Journal as "One of the Top 50 Realtors in the Valley" ****
Jenny,

South Scottsdale is an excellent place to own investment property as you draw from many sources for possible tenants including ASU, INTEL as well as "downtown" commuters who want an easy drive to work. The reality is almost anywhere in the "Valley" can be a great rental location . It all depends upon the individual property and the rental statistics which we shall provide.

Please feel free to use my website http://www.infoarizona.com to search and save any listings that may interest you.My team and I shalll provide you with all the back up you need!

Joani Frankel
Realty One Group
Web Reference: http://www.infoarizona.com
South scottsdale is a great rental area since it supports the service end of the community with a mostly working class demographic, and an average gross rent multiplyer. Buy right and you will ne happy.
Tooraj
Hi Jenny:

I have lived in South Scottsdale since January 1999 and I love it. Close to everything with lots of great neighbors. As stated below, you'd need to "run the numbers" to see what current rentals are going for and if you are looking at single family home vs. condo. If you need any other info, please let me know. Good luck, Yvonne
Jenny, South Scottsdale is a great place to buy rental properties. The key is to buy right. Location, price, garage and many other factors can be key to not only getting ggod rents & good tenants but also resale at some point. Scottsdale will hold it's value better than most other cities if you buy right. We complete over 700 leases per year with about 80% being in Scottsdale.
If you would like some free advice with no strings attached, we are only a phone call away.
Mike Berg
Ranch Realty
As you know rental properties are in demand everywhere. South Scottsdale has much to offer for all types
renters because of the location, close to the Green belt ,great schools and close to ASU and all of the East Valley large employers. Great choice for investing! Check out all MLS rentals on my website map just type in the zipcode 85250 or 85251
Chandler in my opinion is better.

Intel is building a 1 BILLION dollar chip plant to be completed in 2013.

I am already seeing MULTIPLE OFFERS on good rental properties in the east valley.

Mesa, Chandler, and Gilbert.

Hope this helps!
Hi Jenny,

There are a number of areas in South Scottsdale where home prices are reasonable and the rents would give you a good return on investment. They would also have the potential for long term appreciation. There are also areas in the West Valley that would afford you the same opportunity. Let me know if you have any other questions.
Jenny, it depends on what your definition of "South Scottsdale" is. Scottsdale runs more than 22 miles North and South. What is your goal? A professional REALTOR can show you the "RENTAL HISTORY" of a specific area you are thinking of purchasing a home in. This will help you determine what your potential home purchase might rent for. Also it will depend on SUPPLY (number of homes for rent) and DEMAND (how many people want to rent in South Scottsdale). Are you talking about SINGLE FAMILY DETACHED HOMES or CONDOS and Townhomes? What about Luxury Apartments in the area? How much are they leasing for? Your question is too general to answer. Can you be a little more specific and we can help you out.

If you want to know how much the current asking price of Single Family Detached Homes are in South Scottsdale, you can search the LIVE LIST here:

http://northvalleyrentals.com/Scottsdale_%26_Paradise_Valley…

Click on the MAP button and ZOOM in on South Scottsdale.

I hope this helps.
Web Reference: http://www.DonaldKeys.com