Schools in 75022>Question Details

PJR, Home Buyer in Flower Mound, TX

I just moved from Germany to the Dallas area and my family will arrive in January 2011. My son is in 4th grade and speaks primarily German. Do all?

Asked by PJR, Flower Mound, TX Sun Sep 5, 2010

elementary schools in Flower Mound offer developmental English classes?

0 votes Share Flag Schools in 75022

Answers

4
Phillip,

My parents moved me from West Texas, to Waldorf, Germany, when I was 9 years old. We didn't speak a word of German and I immediately was put in a German school, where the teacher didn't even speak English. Amazingly, I was speaking fluent German within 3 months. Children have the ability to adapt and learn new languages very fast, and I know your son will learn fast. The schools here have a large number of Spanish speaking children, that they work with. German speaking students are going to be a special situation. There are many differnt school districts, within the DFW area, and some are better than others. Schools are ranked by the state and graded on test scores, student passing rates and graduation rates. I can send you a list of the cuurent rankings. Do you know what specific areas you're looking to move to? I'm in Flower Mound, north of the airport, centrally located in the middle of DFW. Please let me know how we can best help you. We certainly want you to feel welcomed. I'm sure you're going to love it here. Thanks,
Willkommen zum Dallas and Flower Mound. Es gibt viele internationale kinder in Flower Mound, scheint mehr als andere Europäer finnische, aber auch Polnisch, Russisch, und viele andere. Alle Schulen bieten irgendeine Art von zweisprachigen Programms auf Schüler aufstehen, um in English Geschwindigkeit. Wir haben auch einen kleinen Deutschen Internationalen Schule hier, wenn nötig. Wenn wir können Ihnen helfen, ein Haus zu lease oder kaufen, lass es mich wissen. Ich spreche etwas Deutsch, aber nicht so gut.
I can also point you to some German resources here if you like. Some small grocery stores, etc. Just a taste of home if you need it.

Bruce Lynn
Web Reference: http://www.teamlynn.com
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Sep 5, 2010
Bruce Lynn, Real Estate Pro in Coppell, TX
It is best contact ISD when their offices open on Tuesday they would be experts to assist you with all your questions. In meantime prior to son's arrival I would have him start to focus on speaking English therefore when he arrives he can start to make friends quickly than not able to speak English.

Lynn911 Dallas Realtor & Consultant, Loan Officer, Credit Repair Advisor
The Michael Group - Dallas Business Journal Top Ranked Realtors
972-699-9111
http://www.lynn911.com
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Sep 5, 2010
Hi Philip,
No most people here do not speak German. If you have not decided on an area to settle please allow me to help I can do some research for you and try and find some schools that might help with yours sons trransition.
Christine Schwirtz
Coldwell Banker
Flower Mound Tx
940-498-1265
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Sep 5, 2010