Schools in Williamsburg>Question Details

Marymonsterm…, Home Buyer in Yorktown, VA

I just found a lovely home in Williamsburg with 2 acres. I'm wondering if there are any laws against having a few back yard chickens?

Asked by Marymonstermary3, Yorktown, VA Mon Feb 25, 2013

This question was asked from… target="_blank" rel="nofollow">…

The Chanco's Grant neighborhood allows for chickens and bees. And they have no HOA!!!!
Many of the homes along Centerville Road are Zoned A-1. Some are zoned R-8. You can check the property information system at or the zoning information at (Chapter 24 is Zoning). Feel free to call, message, or text me for more information.
I would be happy to get that information for you. If you would like to call or email me we could meet and go over this as well as any other information you might like to find out. I have been an agent in Williamsburg for many years and would love to help you with your search.
Thanks for answering so quickly. This home is on Centerville Rd. It's older and needs updating but it's just the kind of home I'm looking for. I definitely don't want a home with an HOA and didn't see anything on the listing that mentioned one. I was told by a friend that pretty much no homes in Williamsburg area would fit my wants because of restrictions. She said that they have regulations for everything to maintain the "feel" there. I've never been there but we plan on arriving the end of July or first week of Aug. I intitally didn't even look at Williamsburg because it seemed so far but I hear that Gloucester traffic is more of a bear than coming from Williamsburg to Langely AFB. Any other info. on the commute is welcome too.
This question depends on the home's zoning and whether or not it is in an HOA with covenants and restrictions. Where is the home located?
It all depends on where this lovely home is located. There are homes with two acres located within neighborhoods where the HOA rules and guideline would determine whether or not chickens are allowed.