Schools in 30319>Question Details

Lynn Lusby, Real Estate Pro in 30041

I heard Kittredge for High Achievers is a top notch school. Does anyone have any information on the school?

Asked by Lynn Lusby, 30041 Wed Dec 16, 2009

? I know it is where Nancy Creek Elementary used to be located on East Nancy Creek. Do children from counties other than DeKalb go to the school?

0 votes Share Flag Schools in 30319

Answers

2
La’s answer
It is for DeKalb Co. only and is for 4th, 5th and 6th grade. Kids from DeKalb Co. elementary schools may appy. Each elementary school is guaranteed 2 kids if they meet the qualifications (high test scores). More than 2 kids may make it into Kittredge because once the "2 per school" are in the remaining slots are filled via a lottery. My daughter is in the 4th grade there now and 3 kids from our home school made it in. If a child doesn't get in the first yr. he may reapply the following yr.

The kids study German every other day and every child must be in the music program. My daughter will start violin next semester after the first semester of music introduction with a recorder. In the first semester they had a sleep away field trip to Tybee Island and have had several other field trips already. Music and the arts are an important part of the program...not just book learning!

Transportation is the biggest problem. If you choose to use the school bus you must meet at a nearby elementary school where the bus picks up/drops off. Our stop is about 10 min. away by car and the bus leaves at 6:50am. The bus returns them at 3pm.

My daugher loves it even though last spring when she learned she got in she was mad at me.
Only for DeKalb residents, an excellent school. My son attended ... my younger son attended a high achiever magnet program in another part of the county ... both were SUPERB,