Schools in Brentwood>Question Details

Alex, Renter in 94513

I hear the Brentwood School District is good, but how good is it really? Looking to move from Hercules to Brentwood.

Asked by Alex, 94513 Tue Nov 16, 2010

My wife and I are looking to move to and rent in Brentwood in the coming months, the main reason being our kids education. We are currently not happy with the schools here in Hercules at all and have been to Brentwood frequently the last few months and we have fallen in love with the area. We like the Deer Ridge/Shadow Lakes area, the houses and the schools that is. This is a big step and I would like to make the smart move for my family. Is it worth it? Currently not able to buy, but am interested in purchasing in the coming year or two. Thanks!

Answers

1
I made the same move (From Hercules) about 12 years ago. Initially my kids were home schooled, but my oldest son is enrolled in Brentwood Schools. There are actually 2 districts in Brentwood. The Brentwood School District covers the Elementary Schools and the Middle Schools. Then the Liberty Union School District covers the High Schools.

Heritage is a newer and very nice school up in the area you like. Adams is a newer Middle School next to Heritage. The name of the Elementary School escapes me (I think it is Krew or something like that) but it is supposed to be the best school in the district.

My son goes to Liberty High which is the oldest and original High School in the District, but we have been very happy with it. The teachers and staff seem very dedicated. The Schools are only one of two in California that the teachers union is not part of the CTA. This helps to give the schools a very local feel.

At the high school level they are teaching good vocational skills as well as college prep.

We love the area too. Brentwood has weathered the financial crises very well and has a solid budget. The city is on the right track with good police, nice parks and community services.

The link below is a direct MLS feed of all the local homes for sale. Please let me know if I can be any help.