Schools in 31419>Question Details

Melanie Brown, Home Buyer in Savannah, GA

I have two very athletically talented 12 & 14year old boys in Wrestling, football and Baseball. We will be mioving from Middle South Carolina into

Asked by Melanie Brown, Savannah, GA Mon May 10, 2010

the Savannah area in the next 30 days and need help with teh top ranked schools in these sports as well as acedemics. They are in a public school system now with a high school of 1200 and middle school of 800 kids and want to stay in something of simular size. Please send me in anyformation you can. We do not know anyone in this area. Thank you, Melanie.

0 votes Share Flag Schools in 31419

Answers

3
Good morning, Melanie. I represent Fred Williams Homebuilder, and my primary subdivision is located in Effingham County, which is part of the Savannah Metropolitan Area (comprised of Chatham, Bryan, and Effingham counties). The largest city in Effingham is Rincon, and it is approximately a twenty-five minute commute to downtown Savannah (in traffic). Effingham County is rated as one of the top public school systems in Georgia, and I think that you may find the rankings at http://greatschools.net easy to read and informational. Effingham County also has very competitive sports programs.

I have written a blog about this local area that you might find helpful. You can find it at http://jmarianlancaster.blogspot.com .

Good luck to you in your search for a new home!

Marian Lancaster
New Home Sales Consultant
(912) 536-8945 - direct
(912) 826-0115 - office
mlancaster@fredwilliamshomes.com
Goodmorning Melanie,

I see that you have already rec'd an answer on Chatham County. You might consider Bryan County and Effingham in your search for the best school system for your boys. Your employment location might elliminate one or both of these choices but they are certainly good options to look into.
.
I am originally from Prosperity,SC. You will love Savannah..There is something for everyone here. Let me know if I can be of help.
Schools are always a very tough choice! I would suggest you check out the Savannah Chatham Public School Website. There you can look at the different school profiles and see what you thinks fits your kids the best. Also, Coastal Middle School is going to become a high school next year and that might be a great option too (also public). Then... there is also always the private school route.