Schools in Cedar Park>Question Details

Karri E John…, Home Buyer in Phoenix, AZ

I have two children who have IEP's and I am looking at any areas in the Austin/Leander/Round Rock school districts. Are there any schools like?

Asked by Karri E Johnson, Phoenix, AZ Sat Jul 12, 2014

that? I am looking to move there in the Spring of 2015. I currently reside in NYS.

Answers

2
Hi Karrie

My son who has and iep is currently going to Teravista Elementary I so am in LOVE with all the people involved that has helped him grow not only with his speech but with him bring out his overall confidence.

They are so for what is in the best interest for my son. Teravista Elementary is in Round Rock Tx. He did go to Caldwell Heights last year which is also in Round Rock and he fell in love with Mr. Gallenger (spelling is off). So either of those schools are really good when it comes to making sure the child is well taken care of and being available to myself, as the parent, if I have any questions.

They are non tolerant of bullying of any child no matter what the background maybe. Me answering as a mom, Teravista. Asking my son, Teravista.
Take a look at mytexaspublicschool.org

There's a page that discusses Texas and Section 504 of the Americans with Disabilities act. If possible, you'll want to visit some schools in person before you choose where to live in the Austin area. Some public schools are better than others at addressing children with special needs. Some parents in Texas have chosen to send their kids to private or charter schools.

If you want to let me know the ages and specific disabilities of your children, I would be happy to do some research for you.

My children recently graduated from the Leander school district. I know that, although all schools are required to offer equal services to students with special needs, the quality of those services varies between schools, even in the same district.

Please feel free to contact me directly. I'm an Austin native, and I'll do my best to help you find an area that will make taking care of your children's educational needs as smooth a process as possible.