Schools in Fort Lauderdale>Question Details

Lisa, Both Buyer and Seller in Simsbury, CT

I have a child, aged 9, with ADHD and mild to learning disabilities. I am moving to Ft. Lauderdale/Boca. Any suggestions on schools?

Asked by Lisa, Simsbury, CT Sat Mar 27, 2010

I am looking for a school that can help my child with his learning disabilities. He's been in a school rated 10 on the Great Schools listing but they can't help him any longer. We are relocating from CT to FL near Ft. Lauderdale, Pompano or Boca in the summer. Does anyone have any suggestions for a school in that area?

Answers

2
Stefanie Cohen, PA, ABR, SFR’s answer
Lisa,
American Heritage School is an excellent private school with a seperate school (American Academy) for children who have mild learning differences. There are 2 campuses for American Heritage, one in Boca/Delray and the other in Plantation. I don't know if the Academy has a campus in Boca, but I believe that there is bus service. This may be what you are looking for. I wish you the best of luck!

Here is a link to the website.

http://www.ahschool.com/boca/academy/academyhp.html

Stefanie Cohen
Prudential Florida Realty
954-547-9203
Scohen77@aol.com
Hi Lisa,
My name is Cathy Bridges. I am a realtor in Broward County. I taught Kindergarten in the public school system and found that they have fantastic exceptional student programs. The public school system here in Florida also tries their best to use inclusion in a regular classroom setting. When entering the public school school system the children are put on an IEP individualized program to meet their needs. I can look into private schools if you need help. I am a parent of small children so real estate is more flex for my husband and I. My website is http://www.thefortlauderdalehome.com. Call me if you have any other questions. I also included a website below for Broward Schools. Take care. Regards, Cathy Bridges, P.A