Schools in Houston>Question Details

Ben Franklin, Other/Just Looking in Houston, TX

I am relocating to Houston from Austin and have friends who recommend Sugar Land and/or Cinco Ranch. Safety and excellent schools are a must. Thnx

Asked by Ben Franklin, Houston, TX Mon Jul 15, 2013

0 votes Share Flag Schools in Houston

Answers

7
Hi Ben ,

Welcome to Houston , Texas ... The # 1 city to be in ... nationwide !

Excellent economy , plenty of jobs , reasonable cost of living , etc .

Katy and Sugar Land are both very good choices , with highly rated school systems , and a variety of activities to make life very interesting for all age groups .

I am a Realtor serving buyers and sellers , for the last 20 years , and will be happy to provide you with more info . .

I go the extra mile to get the job done , and I look out for my client's needs first .

I would be happy to talk to you . Please call me .

I can be reached at 281-568-4537 Direct Land line or 281-222-6950 Cell .

Have a great day .

Les Lobo Realtor

Champions Real Estate Group .

Houtex123@gmail.com
Good morning Ben and thank you for your famous quotations and wisdom in the past. :-)

Austin to Houston is an interesting transition. There are some subdivisions that will give you a more Austin feel. Cinco Ranch is an excellent area if you are going to be working in west Houston and Sugar Land offers a vast array of amenities for the southwest. Safety is an issue that you will have to address for yourself by contacting local authorities or checking websites. Both areas are very family oriented. There are many new areas along the Grand Parkway that you should look at, and of course if you will be working further north, you should look at Cypress, The Woodlands, and other areas to the north and northeast. Best bet is to pick a Realtor (preferably one on this forum) and begin looking. A Buyer's Agent generally costs you nothing (we all know that a "penny saved is a penny earned" ) and is your conduit to getting you all the information you want. Please get with a mortgage officer if you will not be paying cash. Sales in Houston are very hot, and you really have to be ready to put in a contract when you find the one you want. I hold a mortgage originator license as well as being a Realtor. Any of us would love to have your business.

Arnold Richie, Realtor®
Terry Burnaman Realtors
arnold@yournexthomehouston.com
http://www.yournexthomehouston.com
713-396-2017 281-788-8962
Ben,

I have reviews of some of the most popular areas in Sugar Land and Katy on my web site. http://www.markknowshouston.com/communities.php The Ft. Bend (Sugar Land) and Katy schools are highly ranked. Information on the schools including a detailed report is also located on my web site.

Let us know what your looking for and we can set up a private web site that will automatically search and save homes that meet your parameters. We look forward to hearing from you. I show in both areas and can assist you.

Mark McNitt
m 832-567-4357
Bernstein Realty, Inc.
Hello Ben, you are leaving a lovely city. My daughter cannot talk enough about Austin and how much she enjoys it. The Cinco Ranch area and Sugar Land are very good areas and schools are rated very well.

Coming from Austin, you may well be comfortable with traffic, which you are pretty much going to deal with here as well, of course, depending on where you work.

What are you looking for in a home? Are you planning to rent initially and then buy? If you check HAR and Trulia, you will be able to get good information on the schools as well as the community. Of course, one of the best ways to find out about a neighborhood is to familiarize yourself by driving around the area, but you have been recommended 2 good areas and you will like both.

A lot depends on how much you want to commute, what you are looking for in your home, what is available, what your budget is and ultimately what feels more like 'home' to you.

If you have specific questions about your relocation, I will be happy to help answer your questions. Please feel free to contact me at the information below.

Persis
713-294-7747
persis.realtor@gmail.com
Ben ...

Are you looking to purchase or lease? Realtors can't comment on whether a given area is "safe." There are several links on this site that will show criminal activity within given areas. Please let me know your plans, and I'll get you the information you need to make an informed decision. Welcome to Houston!

Al Geffon
(713) 213-6350
al@geffon.net
Web Reference: http://www.har.com/algeffon
Hey Ben!

Leaving Austin isn't going to be easy, it's a beautiful place to live!!! However, Houston is equally as lively with much to offer to you and your family! :)

Your friend has made an excellent recommendation - Sugar Land, Katy, & many areas of Houston all have wonderful schools. I am happy to help guide you to the right location for work and school with a little more information.

You may call, text, or email me at any time. :)

Deja

Deja Land
Coldwell Banker United, Realtors®
5111 Bellaire Blvd. / 77401
713.585.5017 Mobile
713.349.7230 Office
713.349.9912 Fax
dejaland@live.com
http://www.cbunited.com/deja.land-west

Please click on this link for Information about Brokerage Services.
Both Areas are great... Cypress, Woodlands, Richmond, Tomball are a few more...

If you need any Realtor help just let me know...

Kevin Sechelski
832.545.5503
Contact@HouseHuntingHouston.com