Schools in 23236>Question Details

F A, Home Buyer in Richmond, VA

I am moving from Loma linda ca, a very quiet, christian and super safe small city. I want my children to attend AM Davis elementary school because

Asked by F A, Richmond, VA Fri Mar 23, 2012

of its diversity and proximity to my place of employment. Is zip code 23236 a good place to raise a family? thanks

0 votes Share Flag Schools in 23236

Answers

13
Frances, my brothers children attended AM Davis and excelled in that particular school. There are excellent neighborhoods and schools in the area; it's a wonderful place to raise a family. Would be delighted to assist you with all of your real estate needs!

Barbara S. Lustig
GRI, ABR
Virginia Properties, A Long & Foster Co.
412 Libbie Avenue
Richmond, Virginia 23226
(804) 287-4627
visit thousands of listings on my website:
http://www.SoldByBarb.com
Are there any safe communities within 15 minutes of Richmond that are racially diverse? The place I am moving from is racially diverse and yet super safe. we are raising our kids to be accepting of other cultures and I do not want to live in a neighborhood that is predominantly one race because this is not representative of the world we live in and kids raised in such environments often grow up to be closed- minded . Any suggestions?
1 vote Thank Flag Link Fri Mar 23, 2012
Hi Frances,
I'm not a realtor--but I've lived in Richmond for over 40 years--and currently live in the house I grew up in the "city" in the 23225 zip code. The elementary school at the end of my street that I walked to as a kid is very diverse, and has an excellent spanish immersion program as well. The neighborhood is extremely diverse--ethnically as well other factors--older, younger, singles, married with kids, etc...close to the community center pool, ice skating rink, etc.. and a nice walk to the James River to the park, etc. Close access to any of the highways--I can get downtown in about 15 minutes, to the grocery store, restaurants, and malls in 3-10 minutes. The main street at the other end of my road is also on the busline.
AND, after a lifetime here, I have just put my house up for sale! (my kids are now grown ), but it was a wonderful house and neighborhood to grown up in and to raise my own children it. I even have a nice basketball court in the huge fenced in back yard on my .51 acre lot.
Janet
I generated the report for you on 23236 but I cannot attach the file or paste an image of it on Trulia. Here's the link to it but I'm not sure you can open it without a log-in - but maybe!
Gail
Dear Frances:

Chesterfield County schools are nationally ranked as some of the best in the country. Chesterfield County is a suburb of Richmond, Viriginia and is a great environment to raise a family while benefitting from the diversity of a medium sized metropolitan area. Richmond is just 90 miles South of Wasthington, DC and such great points of interest as Virginia Beach, the Shenandoa Mountains, Colonial Williamsburg, and Historic Charlottesville. Richmond is a great city rich in history, the arts, education, and medicine. Please let me know if you would like me to assist you in finding homes in the 23236 zip code.

Sincerlely,
Sean L Craft
Homes 'N Land Inc
804.338.3800
seanlcraft@gmail.com
Hi Frances,

In my opinion, it is a wonderful area. I had lived it that area for many years. My brother moved from Temecula CA in 1997 and has raised his children in the 23236 area. He loves the area. Please feel free to call or email me with any questions and/or to help you find a home in this area. I look forward to hearing from you.

Julius Anongos
VA Capital Realty
804-402-3236
julius103@hotmail.com
Hi Frances - to add to other agents' comments - you could also check out zip code 23235 in which some communities also have A.M. Davis as the elementary school. I am very familiar with zip code 23236 and 23235 areas - have sold homes in those areas to buyers and currently have 2 listings in 23235 zip code. You can use my website below to conduct your home search. Please contact me any time if I may be of assistance - thanks, Jan

Jan Hoover, Realtor
Advance Realty Specialists
janhoover2@gmail.com
703-946-7625

http://jhoover.advancerealtyusa.com/listings
Hello again Frances!

I can send you a metro-Richmond zip code map then I would be happy to generate reports for you on any zip codes you choose. In fact, I may be able to set up a comparison tool for you so you may search for yourself and benchmark several zip codes simultaneously. Jyst let me kow if you'd like this: Gail@LNF.com

Gail B. Ailor, GRI, SSC, SFR, Associate Broker - Licensed in VA
President Elect Virginia Women's Council of REALTORS(r)
Past President Richmond Chapter WCR
Long & Foster Real Estate Inc. (VA, MD, DE, NJ, NC, DC. W VA, PA)
8804 Patterson Avenue
Richmond, VA 23229
804-869-6817
BTW thanks for all the responses!
Hi Frances, I use to live less than a mile from AM Davis elementary. I will be happy to send you school scores and a link to the Chesterfield school website. You should also plan a visit to the area and get to visit the school for yourself. Schools are not just scores and many of the Chesterfield schools are very diversified. If you would like to give me a call I will be happy to discuss the area at length with you. I have helped many families relocate to the Richmond area.
Glenda Holloway, Associat Broker
Keller Williams
804-363-4335
Hi Frances:

I used to live in California! I can send you demographic data for 23236 that will help you to discern the suitability of this zip code for your own unique selection criteria. The report can be sent in PDF format and contains a broad variety of information. If you would like me to send it to you, please let me know. My email is Gail@LNF.com.

Past President Richmond Chapter WCR
8804 Patterson Avenue
Richmond, VA 23229
804-869-6817
I would be happy to assist you in your relocation to the Richmond area. I am very familiar with Chesterfield county an could help. I agree with the previous poster that REALTORS can not
Frances,

You are looking in the Chesterfield County area. You should go to the web and check the crime statistics for the specific neighborhoods that you are considering. My mom's cousin has lived in Chesterfield for over 30 years. As REALTORS, we cannot "steer" you from one area to another but only take you to the homes that are available that you are interested in. I do encourage all of my clients to talk with neighbors in the community where you are considering buying a home. That is the best source for local information. I have personally done that myself when I relocated. You also get a feel for the neighbors that you will be living next door to which is always important to your quality of life as well. A good neighbor can truly be a blessing.

Feel free to call me anytime at 804-972-9927 if you need some help relocating to the Richmond area. I would love to assist you.

Tina Beasley
Associate Broker
Envision Real Estate, LC
804-972-9927 Cell Direct