Schools in New Orleans>Question Details

Kelly, Home Buyer in New Orleans, LA

I am looking to move to the New Orleans area due to job relocation. Where would you recommend the best and safest areas to search for homes would be?

Asked by Kelly, New Orleans, LA Sun Dec 27, 2009

Answers

6
probably around city park or carrollton area because it is more populated.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat May 14, 2011
Hi, Im from Austin, Texas and I picked New Orleans, (Westbank) when I moved here
after Katina , The westbank did not have FEMA trailers everywhere ,
1. Westbank, New Orleans did not get flooded , you get more house for your money, is a safe area ,Westbank, is only 5 min away to downtown,

Westbank as of Algiers
Kelly - If you visit my website you can get statistical data on the various schools in the greater New Orleans area. Look under "buyer resources," click on the spinning red apple. Choose up to 3 high schools (and their associated feeder schools) to compare side by side, public and private.
Lisa is correct about Fair Housing regulations. There are so many diverse communities within New Orleans area. Love the night life? Try Uptown or the French Quarter. Convenience to shopping a priority? Metairie or the Westbank. Looking for historical significance - try the Garden District. If quality public schools are your hot button head over to Mandeville. Your best bet is to find a realtor who you can relate to!
Kelly I will be glad to send you info on places to live, statictis, shopping, convenience, etc. Send me an email and let's get started.
Craig@mbellrealty.com
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Dec 27, 2009
Kelly, as REALTORs, we cannot answer that question due to Fair Housing issues. My recommendation is that you consult with your employer for recommendations and spend some time here if possible so that you can get a feel for the different neighborhoods and which ones you are most comfortable with.
Web Reference: http://westbankliving.com