Schools in New Milford>Question Details

stefanir01, Home Buyer in New Milford, CT

I am looking to move to New Milford from Shelton. I have three children and I would like to know how good the school system is before I make the move.

Asked by stefanir01, New Milford, CT Wed Dec 12, 2012

Answers

4
Hi Stephanie,

I have been an agent in the area for 10 years. The New Milford schools have gotten really good in past few years and is considered really good. Would be happy to show you property and discuss. I live in New Milford too!
Joseph Lorino
Klemmrealestate.com
917 340 0431
860 868 7313x49
I am 21, went to school here. I have also went to other towns. New Milford has the worse school system in the county. i plead to you save your children, do not bring them here. Most of the teachers dont realy even seem to care. Its terrible
Hi Stef,
You can go to the following website which gives you information on all the towns in CT including the Schools State Test Scores. http://www.cerc.com/townprofiles/default.asp
New Milford is in Litchfield County so click on the county and then you can choose New Milford and download a PDF of the stats for the town. Other towns nearby are in Fairfield County so you will need to click on Fairfield County to learn more about them. You can also get some information on my website at http://www.RayPoppeHomes.com.
Hope this helps! If you need more help in finding a home just let me know.
Ray
I have lived in New Milford for 10 years. My daughter started here at grade 2 and my youngest two started with the preK and are currently in 6th. I think all of them have received a very good education. My oldest graduates this year and is taking two Advanced Placement classes and two Honors classes. The teachers at the elementary levels are fantastic and give the kids a great base for the rest of their education.
Thank You for the information, it is very important to me to check out the schools before I move. Is there a particular elementary and middle school you would recomend?
Flag Wed Dec 12, 2012