Schools in Rumson>Question Details

Joanne R. La…, Other/Just Looking in Norther California

I am looking for a neighborhood with a good school. Any feedback on Deane Porter Elementary school in Rumson?

Asked by Joanne R. Laush, Norther California Wed Apr 16, 2008

It's ranked 13 out of about 1300 elementary schools. I am looking more for feedback on atmosphere, culture, etc.

0 votes Share Flag Schools in Rumson

For more than 10 years, I have lived in and worked in Rumson as a real estate broker. I formerly lived in Southern CA before a corporate relo to the East Coast to Greenwich, CT. I used to travel for my work to Northern CA many times a year and well versed to discuss CA to NJ relocations. We have an extensive Relo package for this area that includes extensive maps and guides, including park guides with children's activities, local parenting magazines, and school reports. If this would be helpful, it is free and without obligation.

I could write 20 pages about Rumson, and the NJ shore from the top of my head, and will be happy to come back later with additional info if you have more questions.

About the schools......

As real estate licensees we have limitations on what we can say about schools as a result of fair housing laws. Comments by real estate agents about schools might be construed as steering, which is illegal. I can provide you a few resources that can give you online feedback about schools (and we have additional printed info about schools gathered from independent sources that we include in our relo package) Here are the online resources: - Has parental feedback and comments - By Standard & Poors Official Site for the School District;d=45… -
NJ State Report Card on Deanne Porter. You can also obtain Report Cards for Forestdale here. Rumson and Fair Haven, NJ share a high school, and the Report Card for Rumson Fair Haven Regional High School is also here.

One of my agents volunteered at the schools for years. I would be happy to put you directly in touch with her. The Oceanic Library is a small branch library with a children’s reading room. Rumson Official Site

Rumson has a very small town feel with all the amenities of suburban and city living nearby. We have a very small town. There are no strip malls, chains, or franchises in town. We have a local pharmacy and market where many people know you by name. The shore, with it’s boardwalks, beaches, rivers, and lushly landscaped parks and recreational activities provide endless opportunities. Nearby Red Bank is a focal cultural, dining and recreation destination and only a 10 minute drive from Rumson. Major strip malls and shopping malls are found along Routes 35. In particular, favorite shopping destinations include The Grove - and the Monmouth Mall.
There are currently 110 single family properties for sale in Rumson ranging from the low 400’s to over 7M. The median price is near 1.4M. Inventory has been climbing and sales are near 2007 levels YTD.

If our relo package would be helpful, it’s yours without obligation upon request and sent via snail mail or express delivery service if needed in a hurry.

Deborah Madey - Real Estate Broker & Realtor
Peninsula Realty Group - New Jersey
732 530-6350 Direct
732 530-7755 Main Office
Deborah Madey, Real Estate Pro in ,
I live nearby. Rumson, Fair Haven, and Red Bank all have excellent schools. Red Bank schools have scores that are a little lower, but programs offered here are not offered at other nearby schools.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Sat Apr 19, 2008
Hi Joanne,
My office is in Rumson just a couple of blocks from the school and I can tell you it's a wonderful school system. The Rumson schools consistently earn high ratings and there is a great deal of parent involvement. Not sure what you're looking for regarding "atmosphere" and "culture" but I'd be happy to put you in touch with parents in the area with kids in those schools so you can hear first-hand.

Let me know how I can help.

Thomas McCormack
Resources Real Estate
732-212-0440 x212
I am not from that area, but a good thing to do is contact the PTA from the school and attend a meeting, or a function. You can chat with parents and get a feel for the school. You can also drop into a sports event from there and talk with parents there.
Good Luck.
Sharon Kozinn
Web Reference: