Schools in 92127>Question Details

Humbert, Home Buyer in 92127

I am interested in a house in another school district (within the same Poway unified district). If I move, can I keep my son in his current school?

Asked by Humbert, 92127 Sat Sep 17, 2011

0 votes Share Flag Schools in 92127

Answers

11
You have to apply for an interdistrict transfer and plead your child's best interest and it will be considered and usually granted based on space available and needs of the child. see this site for more info

http://www.powayusd.com/Depts/Student_support/attendance/def…
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat Sep 17, 2011
You've received a lot of very valuable info from some very astute local RE professionals. The ball is in your court.
You need to check the school boundary lines. Use this site -
http://www.powayusd.com/depts/bss/planning/addresslookup.asp
to enter your address and it will give you the schools for that area. That being said, you should also consult with the schools and ask for an interdistrict transfer. Often schools will allow students to stay in a school that is technically outside of the boundaries, at least to finish the school year.
Hi Humbert,
Everyone's advice below is accurate. As I am sure you have seen in the local news, Poway's school district, especially the new schools in the 4S Ranch area (which I assume you are in or close to based on your zip code), are being hotly contested for right now, with first priority being given to the people in homes that pay the Mello Roos/CFD for their construction. New school lines are going into effect next year for the PUSD, so I would definitely do my research with the district and the schools in question before making any moves.

Thanks!
Sinead McAllister
858-205-5215
brokermcallister@gmail.com
Believe me as a Father of 5 children having grown up in, what at the time, was the best school district in SD in the 80's I would do anything it takes to keep your kids in PUSD. Unfortunately one of the only remaining public school districts in SD. However, having said that, if you want to move to the coast and can afford it which, given the fact that you're in Poway,you may well be able to, you may want to consider the Encinitas School District.
Hi Humbert,

Each district is different, but you should be able to apply for an interdistrict transfer to the new school. If there's room in another class/school, it may be granted. Your best bet now, is to call your current district and ask about their policy and procedures.

Please let me know if you have any further questions our concerns.

Warm Regards,
Cory La Scala
Independence Realty
619-825-6421
Hi Humbert,

Warm Regards,
Cory La Scala
Independence Realty
619-825-6421
This is something you should bring up with the PUSD DISTRICT OFFICE (858) 521-2800 in order to get a correct answer to your question. You may even go to your son's current school to ask if they could accomodate your request or point you in the right direction.

In regards to helping you buy a home, I would be more than happy to put my resources and experience to work for you. Just give me a call at 619-888-1688.

Have a great weekend!

David Crowell
Realtor, SFR, CDPE, CIAS
DRE Lic# 01846329

619-888-1688 (Cell)
crowellregroup@gmail.com (Email)

RE/MAX Solutions
7835 Highland Village Pl. # D106
San Diego, CA 92129

Visit us at: http://www.CrowellReGroup.com
I suggest to go directly to the Poway Unified School District .
Every school district has different rules and they can change from year to year. You need to go to your son's current school to ask what their policy is.
If you need help finding a home, or negotiating the offer on the home you are interested in, please feel free to contact me.
Maureen McGrath
Prudential California Realty
mcmcgrath@prusd.conm
(619) 922-2441
DRE #01714823
Humbert,

In most cases it is possible if you are in the same district, but nothing is guaranteed. You would have to work it out between the schools. I would start with the school that your son currently attends and get the information .

Kind Regards,

Marcie Sands, REALTOR
SImply The Best Real Estate Co. Inc,
PUSD
760-644-1562