Schools in Charlotte>Question Details

juddr, Home Buyer in Charlotte, NC

I am considering a position at UNCC and wondered about the commute from Harrisburg.

Asked by juddr, Charlotte, NC Wed Mar 20, 2013

We visited in 2011 & spoke with many locals about the schools in Charlotte and all of them said to "go north" and avoid Charlotte-Meck like the plague.

Answers

8
John Siddons - REALTOR®’s answer
Harrisburg would be very close commute for you if you'd be working at UNCC. If you'd like help with your relocation, feel free to contact me directly!

John Siddons
john.siddons@prucarolinas.com
Harrisburg would be a good choice for you. It is a straight shot west on HWY 49 and, depending on the time a day, should only take you 10 - 15 mins to get to work. Harrisburg is located in Cabarrus County which has lower taxes than Charlotte/Mecklenburg - a plus!

Here is the Town of Harrisburg's website - http://www.harrisburgnc.org/. If you are interested in seeing what homes cost to rent or buy in Harrisburg, you can check out my website http://www.BuyAHomeInCharlotte.com. It's easy to use and will allow you to search on only the homes that meet your criteria.

Best success with your job!

Kathleen Turner, ABR, CRS, ePro
The Kathleen Turner Realty Group
704-609-2688
KathleenTurnerRealty@gmail.com
Judd,

Harrisburg is a great town. I have sold many homes in there and all the people that live there like the community/ family atmosphere they get form the town. the schools I have been told by friends who live there are excellent and the taxes are less expensive than Charlotte.

Becuase of it's location you actually should have an easy commute into Charlotte and UNCC. You have option of going straight down US-49 and that will take you right into the UNCC campus area. I have a close friend who lives there and commutes to uptown ( about fifteen to twenty minute longer ride) and he told m when I just asked him that it takes him between 25 and 30 minutes to get to work every day.

I do not beleive you will be disappointed in the commute or the town of Harrisburg at all....let me know if there are any other questions I can asnwer for you in regards to Harrisburg.

Dave diCecco
Realtor/Broker
Coldwell Banker United
ddicecco@cbunited.com
http://www.davedicecco.com
not a bad commute at all! I live in that area and graduated from uncc and never had any traffic problems! Let me know if you have any more questions! jackieyoung@kw.com or feel free to call me 704-575-9202. Good Luck!! :)
Good morning, Judd:
Harrisburg is a small town situated along NC-49, which becomes University City Blvd as it comes into Charlotte. If you decide that the Charlotte metro is a good fit, the commute to UNCC is about 5 min from the portions of Harrisburg located along the Cabarrus-Mecklenburg county line and about 15 from the eastern city limit. http://goo.gl/maps/Bb2nu You might want to read the Trulia Real Estate Blog "What are the best Schools in Charlotte?" There is good data and info there on public, charter and private Charlotte area schools, including school district maps and school attendance zone look-ups by address for Cabarrus and surrounding counties. If you have a full time agent with a Masters degree in Planning with Finance and over two decades of experience, working for you, you will likely do better in negotiations. I'd be pleased to provide that service. If you appreciate this answer, please give it a thumbs up, or if this was the most helpful answer, please say thanks with a best answer click.
Will you be working in Charlotte or at the research center in Kannapolis?
I live in the area and love Harrisburg....wonderful schools, lower taxes than several surrounding counties, alternate routes if traffic bogs down.
Please feel free to call with questions...7047011288
You will be 5 to 7 minutes to commute to UNCC. You will have better schools. One of the best
Southern Style food restaurants. Great Seafood at Captian Steves. Close to some nice clubs
and 20 minutes to downtown Charlotte. Go North and enjoy
Juddr,

The commute is very easy because of I-485, I -49, and I-29 access. Harrisburg is only 5 to 10 min. from UNCC. The public schools are desirable. Housing is affordable. Harrisburg is a very small town- not a lot to do there. The property taxes are lower than those in Mecklenburg. I work in this area and would be happy to send you a market search.

Robin