Schools in 90630>Question Details

Ella, Home Buyer in 90630

I am a canadian planning to bring my son to study in CA's high school, is my son entitled to enter public school in CA? Do we need to get visa?

Asked by Ella, 90630 Sun Jan 17, 2010

If we rent or buy a home, do we automaticly become 'resident' in CA?

0 votes Share Flag Schools in 90630

Help the community by answering this question:



I just had a client come from China to put her child into Irvine schools. If you rent or buy, you are establishing residency and the school district asks for proof that you live in the school boundaries. The question about a VISA and green cards....I would recommend a call to an immigration attorney or your local US consulate where you live to make sure that you do things necessary to enter and move to the US.


1 vote Thank Flag Link Sun Jan 17, 2010
You DO need a student Visa if you want to make it legit!!! However, once you live in California, he can go to High School regardless of his immigration status. He will graduate but be unable to continue any higher course of studies without proving legal status in the Unites States.
The story of all immigrant families here in Southern California! GOOD LUCK!!!
0 votes Thank Flag Link Thu Sep 6, 2012
Search Advice
Ask our community a question
Email me when…

Learn more

Home > California > Orange County > Cypress > 90630 > Schools in 90630 > Question
Copyright © 2015 Trulia, Inc. All rights reserved.   |  
Have a question? Visit our Help Center to find the answer