Schools in South Mountain>Question Details

nique5k, Renter in Phoenix, AZ

I'M A SINGLE MOTHER LOOKING TO MOVE TOO PHOENIX RAISING FIVE KIDS ON MY OWN WILL IT BE A NICE PLACE FOR THEM TO LIVE ARE THE PEOPLE NICE ETC. AND

Asked by nique5k, Phoenix, AZ Sat Oct 29, 2011

WILL THERE BE A LOT OF KIDS THINGS FOR THEM TOO DO THERE.

Answers

8
Most people answering this will be locals, so most of the comments will be positive.

I personally like it, but I might be biased since I live in the Phoenix area. At the end it is like many other places, there are some very good areas and some that are not very popular. In terms of housing the most popular areas will command higher rents, and the less popular areas will have lower rents.

My advice will be to come visit and stay in the area you want to live and stay for a while, before making any serious commitment. You may find that the area is ideal for you, or you may find that it is not what you were expecting.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Sat Oct 29, 2011
I have lived in South Mt. (Phx) all my life & is a vey safe place to live , I now have 4 kids myself & would NOT consider living any other side of town. My opinion West Phx is the worst (Maryvale dist.) also East Phx is pretty bad . We in South Phx always have looked out for each other and is very close nit. *** Only downside is South Phx dont have ANY movie theaters, bowling alleys, or any entertainment activities to enjoy , But I'm sure with the housing BOOM in South Phx , it won't be long before they do put something here . We do on the other hand have plenty of parks for the kids....
I moved here from Michigan last July and I live in the Laveen Area which is very nice and quite, alot of nice newer homes. had a bad experience with my 1st landlord when we moved here, but since moving I have found a very nice person, and hopefully soon I will be looking to buy in the Laveen Area. It depends on your children and their ages for the entertainment here in Phoenix. My son is 18 and did not like it here, but has adjusted started college so he hs found new friends to hang out with, so he is well adjusted now, its harder on teenagers than small children, because they are used to one thing only, and adapting to change is not their choice of things to do. But overall the weather is nice and yes you have nice people here, just like any other place you have bad people too. "I LOVE IT CAUSE THERE IS NO SNOW"'!!!!!!!!! YEA......
Hi I am a Realtor in Arizona, I would recommend this website, gives all kind of city data from many people that moved here. http://www.city-data.com/
Hi Nique5k. Just so you know, real estate agents cannot legally tell you what is a "good neighborhood' or whether it is good for children or not. However as a person who has recently moved here, I can tell you I have personally found people to be friendly and there is plenty to do for people of all ages.

I suggest you do some research into various communities here. They can be quite different in character. There is a ton of information available online. Use the link I have provided below to enter zip codes or city names, and find out more about the places that interest you.

Nothing, however, takes the place of actually visiting the communities before making a decision to move, and seeing for yourself. I also advise my relocation clients to knock on the doors of a few potential neighbors for 2 reasons: you get to see what kind of neighbors you might have, and you hear what they have to say about the area.

If you are planning to visit before making a decision, I would love to show you around. Please feel free to contact me to set up a tour.

Ann Griffin, Realtor
ann.griffin@pruaz.com
Ms Nique5K,

Phoenix like other major cities have good and bad areas. I moved here because I like the standard of living and the people.

What type of home are you looking for? Do you want to be near friends or relatives? Are you planning to finance the purchase or pay cash?

I'll be happy to assist you in finding the right home for you and your children. Please feel free to contact me.

Milly Casas

Milly Sells AZ
e-mail: milly@millycasas.com
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat Oct 29, 2011
Your question is fairly vague. What are you looking for in a neighborhood? What is the age range of your children? How much of a commute would you be williing to make to your work? Do you have any special needs or desires in your next new home?

There are neighborhoods throughout the Phoenix area with the schools, people, entertainment, churches, community support you are looking for. Being a 40+ year resident of Phoenix I have extensive knowledge of the Greater Phoenix area. It would be my pleasure to assist you in finding the area right for you and your family.
There are many good neighborhoods and schools in phoenix. I would be happy to help you find a home in a good neighborhood where you and your family can be happy, Just give me a call and we can start looking for your new home. 602-717-3706 Have a great day, Chris.