Schools in Del Mar>Question Details

Marilyn, Home Buyer in San Marcos, CA

IS THIS A VIABLE RENTAL?

Asked by Marilyn, San Marcos, CA Tue Aug 27, 2013

This question was asked from http://www.trulia.com/rental/3129483980-14915-Rancho-Real-De…

0 votes Share Flag Schools in Del Mar

Answers

3
Hi Marilyn,

When looking for rentals, we have found that Craigslist is your best option. 85% to 95% of all rentals leased in San Diego County are found using Craigslist. It is used to advertise rentals by owners, property management companies and agents alike.

Start by putting your preferred zip code in the search box and then enter the rest of your requirements, including the check boxes for pets. Check often and call/e-mail right away as many rentals move quickly

Lastly, beware of rental scam listings and ads that "look too good to be true”. Make sure you talk to the person managing the property and meet them to see it. Scams usually involve people asking for a deposit prior to seeing the property or filling out a rental application. The "owner" usually states they live out of state or out of the country. Other scams involve people stealing pictures from home listings with a low rental rate.

Best of luck to you,

Mark & Kari Shea
Shea Real Estate
National Association of Realtors
CA DRE License 01713506
No. There are no 3 bedroom homes for rent in Del Mar that are $1500 per month.

Thanks!
​Sinead McAllister-Clifford
Real Estate Broker/ Realtor®
Trulia®'s #1 Recommended Broker in Oceanside, Cardiff, Bonsall & Vista!
McAllister Homes Real Estate
Residential Sales & Property Management
http://www.McAllisterHomes.com
License 01366009
858-205-5215 CELL
info@mcallisterhomes.com EMAIL
Thanks! This person is pursuing me since I responded to the rental ad. Do the actual owners know it is being used this way? Should I and how do I report the possible fraud to trulia?
Flag Wed Aug 28, 2013
Hello Marilyn,

This doesn't appear to be a real rental. Be careful on Trulia...if it's too good to be true, it just might be. Let me know if I can help you find a home that is a good match for you.

Media Fettinger
Century 21 Award
MFettinger@century21award.com