Schools in 11550>Question Details

Mazene Crawf…, Home Buyer in Brooklyn, NY

IS 11550 A GOOD PLACE TO RAISE A FAMILY?

Asked by Mazene Crawford, Brooklyn, NY Fri Oct 19, 2012

0 votes Share Flag Schools in 11550

Answers

3
There are 3 different school districts in 11550. Rockville Centre, Uniondale and Hempstead. Rockville Center is one of the top rated schools on Long Island. There is a part of south Hempstead that is zoned for Rockville Centre schools. i live there and my kids flourished in the schools. If you are looking to buy South Hempstead is a great place to raise a family.
I grew up in 11550 and I can tell you that the school system in 11550 has deteriorated to be the worst on long island. it is a mix of black and latinos. some areas are nicer than others, you would have to go there to get a feel for what you like. it is a transportation hub, so it is the best place to live if you are going to travel mainly by bus or LIRR. There is shopping.
I think most parts of 11550 are but that's my opinion. Id be happy to show you around the area and you can see for yourself.

Philip Michael 917-200-7742
Licensed Real Estate Agent