Schools in Boston>Question Details

snagem_s, Other/Just Looking in West Valley City, UT

Husband will be going to MGH. We have 3 kids ages 5,5, and 6. Wanting good schools, family friendly and close to MGH. Live in UT right now. Help?!?

Asked by snagem_s, West Valley City, UT Fri Jan 3, 2014

0 votes Share Flag Schools in Boston

Answers

20
Hello there, I have two kids and we live in great town and have number one school system in the state, 30 minutes away from MGH and I travel to work next to MGH every day, My Name is (Rafet Elananzeh) please feel free to call me at my cell# 617 529-2939 or email rafet.elananzeh@gmail.com, and we can set a day and time to discuss your options, price range, number of beds, bath and so-forth. I look forward to hearing from you.

Rafet Elananzeh
Keller Williams Realty- Boston Metro
607 Boylston ST 5th floor,
Boston Back Bay , MA
(617) 529-2939
rafet.elananzeh@gmail.com
1 vote Thank Flag Link Fri Jan 3, 2014
Brookline has incredible schools and will be the easiest/quickest proximity to MGH:
http://territory.com/search?search_string=BROOKLINE&min_…

Next up is West Roxbury, Newton, Wellesley, Arlington, Belmont

Type any of those locations into the search bar on the below web site and you will access every property in the market in those locations:
http://territory.com/

Hope that helps!

Territory Real Estate
Massachusetts Destination for Home Buyer's
617 848 5407 ext 702
Considering you are moving here from out of state, it is incredibly important to start this process with a team. I recommend you sift through the responses below and have phone conferences with a few realtors, lenders and real estate attorneys so that you can select the professionals you feel comfortable with. These professionals can be your eyes and ears throughout the process while you are away and can help you adjust to your new life in Massachusetts once you arrive. Many clients from out of state are surprised that an attorney is involved in the purchase process rather than a title company. That is because Massachusetts requires that an attorney conduct and substantially participate in the closing. I encourage you to reach out to me with any questions you may have about Massachusetts or the buying process.

Elizabeth P. Barletta, Esq.
p: (617) 720-0099 x:110
ebarletta@sassooncymrot.com
You should think about how close you want to be to MGH. Very close and you have a short commute but are living in the city. Little further then you are in suburbs probably with what you seem to want but being only 5-10 miles away could be a nightmare commute depending on the route you are on.

Best thing is to get a mortgage preapproval. Figure out your affordability (we can help just click through profile). Then look around and list the pros/cons of the towns you like.
Please visit our website for what is available, both sales & rentals. (link below)
MGH is located in the West Area of Boston. There are a few 3 bedroom units available right next to the hospital.
However, if you are looking for good schools, you may consider Brookline or Newton areas. Great places to live and good schools.
Please let us know if we can be of any help to you in your search.
There are several options that are still close to Boston and MGH - Brookline and Arlington are two that come to mind. Of course, you may get sticker shock when you get to MA! Are you thinking of buying or renting? We can help with both.

The FurChin Team at RE/MAX Unlimited is YOUR real estate solution in Greater Boston.

http://www.FurChin.net
Milton is the first town south of Boston. Close to the city, great schools and wonderfull neighbors. I'd be happy to work with you. Please call me at 617.699.8483 / ann@tosuccesshomes.com

Ann Grassa- Todd, Realtor
Success! Real Estate
Hello! My office is in beautiful Beacon Hill, about a 3 minute walk from MGH. I live in the neighborhood as well and can't find enough wonderful things to say about it. I have placed many clients from MGH in great properties. If you are looking for a more suburban lifestyle, there are many options for that as well. I just helped an MGH employee and his young family purchase their first home and feel confident I could help your family find the perfect place to rent or buy as well. I am happy to provide client references upon your request. Feel free to give me a call at your convenience so we may discuss your search further!

Holly Cameron
Hancock Real Estate
561-703-6664 (cell)
617-227-3300 (office)
Could you be more specific as to what you are looking for?

Please call or e-mail with criteria and I'll be happy to help.

857-334-5827
mario@blrboston.com
How long do you expect to be here in the Boston area? Renting may be a better option for you if shorter term..
But, outside of Boston , heading up to the North of Boston are many great communities,smaller cities and towns that are family friendly ...When do you plan on being in the area?
If you would like to email me I can send you more information on schools , towns, profiles of communities, etc..
Good luck ! val@beangroup.com
are you looking to buy or rent? will you have a car or need public transportation?

Depending on budget, i'd recommend Brookline, Needham or Newton.

Let me know if I can be of assistance.

Louis
Hello! Depending on your budget, proximity to workplace and/or accessibility to public transportation or car, size of the house, among other factors will play a role on which area I would recommend to you. If you would like to discuss further, feel free to contact me.

Elena M. Lau
Multilingual Licensed and Accredited Real Estate Consultant
Realty Direct
857.204.6188
elena.l.realestate@gmail.com
http://www.myagentbuzz.com
There are a number of nice communities in the area. So it would be helpful to know some additional information such as your price point and whether your husband will be driving to MGH or taking public transportation. I would be happy to work with you. I'm a relocation specialist so I've worked with a number of families in your situation. I also live/work in the area you are looking to relocate. Feel free to contact me with any questions: 1-617-762-3573 rhonda@synergy-metrowest.com
There's a more in-depth conversation needed to assess your family's needs and how far your budget can take you. Feel free to click on my photo and contact buyer's agents like myself who have lived and worked in the area for a no cost/obligation discussion about options that will work for your family. Best of luck and hope to speak with you soon!
Just wanted to check in on whether you were able to find someone to assist with your search. Please reach out directly if you still need assistance!
Flag Fri Aug 8, 2014
You might consider renting for a time until you see what you like and what things cost.
I would also have your husband ask his associates and the HR dept what they suggest.

You could look at Longwood Towers in Brookline -close to MGH.
Brookline has good schools etc.

I would contact a local real estate professional to help with this answer and to save time and money.
(Robert Paul has a Boston Office on Newbury Street.)

http://www.robertpaul.com/agents/4799-Heath-Holly-Coker

(Please note: when you choose an answer as a Best Answer, or at least give a thumbs up, it helps those who answer questions here.)
I can also help you guys out. Are you looking to rent or buy. What exactly did you have in mind Look forward to helping you guys. I have kids of my own and know the area very well.
Lots of options. Your best bet is to interview local buyer agents like myself and go from there. But towns of Lexington, Arlington, Belmont, and Newton come to mind, among lots of others. Happy to have a personal conversation and see if I can help you navigate from here. 781-330-0152
Hello! There are so many options for you, it is impossible to list them all here! Please feel free to call or email me to help you narrow down the list of suitable communities!

Warm regards,
Judy Boyle
Relocation Specialist
REMAX Signature Properties
Hi..i would be happy to discuss. some options with you. How close do you need to be and what is your budget for buying a home? MetroWest is within 30 minutes commute or so and more reasonably priced and a variety of schools. If u would like to discuss further..you may reach me at 508 648-0393 and email is LHagopian@HammondRE.com
Hi there I would be happy to help you in your home search. There are a few neighborhoods I would recommend to you first! Please feel free to reach me at your convience to discuss this process! My name is T.K. Parrish and I work for Keller Williams Realty in Back Bay! My phone is: 617-435-8725. My email is: tkparrish@kw.com. Look forward to hearing from you!