Schools in Kentfield>Question Details

Halley S., Home Buyer in New York, NY

How would you describe the public and private education options in Kentfield?

Asked by Halley S., New York, NY Mon Apr 23, 2007

Answers

3
Kentfield offers parents an opportunity to individualize their childs educational choice from both outstanding public and private schools close by. Prior to my career in real estate I was a teacher in the Kentfield School District (K-8th grade). The schools are one of the most sought after in Marin County and for that matter the whole bay area. The test scores are over 90th percentile for the state. I also managed the Kentfield / Ross for my company and saw the extra value added to the homes here. Kentfield pupils go to Redwood High School in Larkspur which is very college preparatory and has matriculated students to some of the best universities in the country. I am very familiar with both the public and private schools and educational resources. There are also several highly regarded private primary and secondary schools that are a short drive or bike ride for Kentfield. Primary Schools including Marin Primary (Larkspur),Marin Country Day School (Corte Madera), Lycee Francais International (Corte Madera), Brandeis- Hillel Day School (San Rafael). Private High Schools include Branson Academy (Ross), Marin Academy (San Rafael), Marin Catholic (Greenbrae/Kentfield), San Domenico (San Anselmo). Let me know if you need further information.
The Kentfield School District is arguably the finest in Marin County, typically offering the best test scores and better standing at both State and National levels. It offers fine public education from K - 4 at 'Bacich', 5-8 at 'Kent' and a vibrant High School experience at Redwood, a large high school with a strong reputation for high level academics, and an excellent sports program.
As the past president of the Kentfield Schools PTA, I can say that our District offers such an outstanding education for our kids because we have excellent teachers, tremendous parent support, a Foundation that raises over 1 million dollars a year to make up for the lack of funding from the State, a strong PTA (committing over 10,000 volunteer hours a year), as well as a community that supports the schools. We have local preschools (Marin Enrichment on the Bacich Elementary campus) and Ross Valley Nursery School, Bacich Elementary and Kent Middle School (grades 5th through 8th), and Redwood High School--all top-rated schools. Additionally, some 8th graders step up to private schools and there are two in our immediate area: Marin Catholic and Branson.