Schools in Coral Springs>Question Details

Stephan, Home Buyer in San Francisco, CA

How would you describe the public and private education options in Coral Springs?

Asked by Stephan, San Francisco, CA Mon Apr 23, 2007

Answers

3
Coral Springs is a very attractive town, the 4th best city to live in the State of Florida and the 17th best in the country according to poll conducted by Money magazine recently. It is managed as if it was a corporation. No doubt people move to Coral Springs for many reasons but the number one reason, in my opinion, is because of the schools. Basically all elementary and middle schools are 'A' rated schools. Ramblewood Elementary received the Governor's Sterling Award in 2006. It was the only school in Broward County to receive such honor. My three children attended Ramblewood Elementary. Two of them are still there. It is simply a wonderful school run by an extremely competent principal, Mrs. Collier and her great staff. My older daughter now attends the Coral Springs Charter School. If you didn't know it is a Charter school you would think it is a private institution. A former mall was turned into a state of the art school. They recently added an art wing to the facility. Affluent people send their kids to public schools in Coral Springs. Why pay when you can get excellent education just by paying your taxes? Of course there are many options for those who chose to send their children to a private or religious school too. Kids thrive in Coral Springs. The City offers a wide array of after school activities and sports. There are incredible parks such as Cypress Park, North Community Park and Mullins Park, among others. The Acquatic Complex is probably the best in South Florida, many olympic swimmers have trained there with famous coach Michael Lohberg. My daughter has been training there for 4 years now. My husband and I, along with many other parents are active volunteers. Whether you are a fan of indoor or outdoor activities, Coral Springs is the place to be.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Mon Apr 23, 2007
One of the Top Rated School Districts in the State
There is large selection of public and private schools for all ages. There is a Charter School in Coral Springs.