Schools in Zionsville>Question Details

Silbey, Home Buyer in Glencoe, IL

How welcoming (honestly) are Zionsville students to new students to the district? Our 2 boys (6th & 8th) are both athletes, social and "A" students.

Asked by Silbey, Glencoe, IL Wed Nov 6, 2013

Answers

4
Hi Sibley,

My children grew up going to Zionsville Schools. Our community does still have a small town feel. If you are going to be in the area sometime soon, I would be happy to set up a school visit for you. Walking the hallways and talking to the teachers and staff will give you a good sense of community and you can share your children's academic background with a guidance counselor to see which classes may be best suited for their experience and ability. When the boys get to high school there is a great selection of AP and Honors courses to prepare them for college.
At the middle school level there are also academic opportunities to excel.
As far as housing choices, there are subdivisions within walking distance to the middle and high schools or you may choose from several newer neighborhoods with pools and other sports amenities or an established neighborhood with larger yards for your own game of football or baseball.
I am board member for the Chamber of Commerce too. So if you will be moving your business or would like to connect with other business/service providers, I can help you get assimilated too.
Julia Evinger
Associate Broker
jevinger@c21scheetz.com
Given the description of your sons provided in your question, they should have no problem assimilating into the Zionsville scene. Zionsville Schools will provide them the opportunity to excel in both academics and in athletics. And if they are truly "social," they should make friends easily. While it's a growing suburb of Indianapolis, Zionsville has held onto its small town culture. Kids don't get "lost in the crowd" as is often the case in other much larger school systems. The folks here are a mix of long-time resident families and those that are here for a short time and move on -- mostly via corporate relocation -- so new kids are the norm, not the exception. Unless they don't shower or like skipping shool on a regular basis, they should fit in fine. I know plenty people here with children your sons' ages. I'd be happy to put you in contact with them.
Zionsville is the best rated school in the State of Indiana. Your kids will probably encounter the same struggles of any kids moving to a new school. With them being athletes, though, they will almost immediately have a group of kids they can get to know.

Are you working with a Realtor on your home search in this area yet? If not, I would appreciate the opportunity to help you with your search. I am rather familiar with this area.

Contact me at any of the below avenues you prefer.

Thank you.

Avery Garrett, Realtor
Coldwell Banker Kaiser
317-721-2274
SoldByAvery@gmail.com
http://www.SoldByAvery.net
You will not find a better school. Let me know if I can help in any way?
John Bradley 31-446-4666
john@mytraditionsrealty.com