Schools in 94539>Question Details

J, Both Buyer and Seller in Fremont, CA

How is the proposal by the FSUD to move Gomes Elementary out of MSJ affecting the house prices in that area?

Asked by J, Fremont, CA Thu Jul 12, 2007

0 votes Share Flag Schools in 94539

Answers

7
I don't think prices of the homes in MSJ or Gomes school area will be affected in long run.
Web Reference: http://www.jogenpatel.com
1 vote Thank Flag Link Mon Nov 9, 2009
Listen to what the school board said at public forums, there are no plans to rezone Gomes or any other elementary school.

Their outside consultant that they hired to look at overcrowding had said (obvious option- they had to, to get paid) look at rezoning, for example. LIKE gomes, and that caused all the hulaa baloo.

It could have been any other example (that they had to cite) and it would created the same stupid ruckus.
This ruckus is long long since over yet people keep raking it over and over again.
The homes in Gomes area are taking longer to sell - it seems that people are concerned about this issue. I am not sure about the prices though - they prices atleast for now seem to be holding up. Just check out the average sales in last 3 months and sales for same period last year - there isn't much difference in the average sale price.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Sep 28, 2008
much "talk" about rezoning Gomes...but I can tell you that none of them is true...

I am a Gomes parent and watch this development very closely and dear to my heart. NO "talk" or "plan" is in place for rezoning in Mission SJ area. If you are concerned, you should call Fremont unified school district...they will tell you the plans that are in place but they will not give answers to anything else. You can ask them whether Gomes will be rezoned or you can ask them whether Mission Valley will be rezoned...they will give you the same answer...currently there is no plan to rezone Mission SJ High.

Having said that...if you are interested in purchasing a house in MSJH, buy Chadbourn area as this in the only school that has no risk of being rezoning. One of the seller at this area but in an ad that reads this:

"Unlike homes in Gomes, Mission Valley and Mission San Jose elementary attendance zones which are in high risks to be rezoned to leave Mission San Jose schools in near future (see FUSD shcool zoning report, 2007), this home is in the Chadbourne Elementary Attendance zone, in the middle of Mission San Jose School attendance zone. You can be sure to stay in Mission School for ever. Very rare a Court in a Court (double court) location! Safe for kids to play around."

http://www.zillow.com/HomeInfo.htm?zprop=2145388122

With that comment, it only leaves you with Chadborne as all other schools are at risk. However I have to caution you that Chadbourne's price is higher and the waiting list is also not too short. If you do not want to deal with this, I suggest you don't buy Mission house at all. If I can do it all over again, I would buy in Mission area because rezoning issue is a constant threat.
anybody know if this is actually happening?
Homes in Weibel sell for 10% less than the homes in the MSJ school district.

Home prices will not drop, most probably the price will not increase in the same proportion as similar homes in MSJ district.
The problem doesn't lie with the elementary schools so much as the overcrowding at the Jr. High schools and the high schools.

Will it affect home prices? Not at all. The draw is still Mission San Jose High school.

They relocated Weibel Elementary and it did not have any noticable affect on Mission San Jose home prices.

You be the judge. Read about possible solutions. Check out the link below in Web References.