Schools in 11040>Question Details

Dolly, Home Buyer in 11374

How is the middle school and high school in thas area?

Asked by Dolly, 11374 Tue Nov 9, 2010

0 votes Share Flag Schools in 11040

Answers

3
Actually I am the home owner... Our school district is Great Neck Schools.... Parkville, Lakeville, Great Neck South Middle School & High School.... TOP RATED SCHOOLS
Hi Dolly,

There are 2 school districts in the New Hyde Park (zip code 11040) neighborhood of Nassau County - the Herricks School District (#9) and the New Hyde Park-Garden City School District (#5). I think both are excellent, however, my suggestion would be to check them out at http://www.GreatSchools.net. That site will provide you with a wide range of information including # students in the class, test scores for the individual grades, regents scores for the different classes, advanced placement courses, demographic make-up of the schools, dollar amount spent per pupil, education levels of the teachers, etc.

If there is any home in particular that you are interested in, I would be happy to let you know which school district it is located in. If you would consider either one of the districts - or both - contact me for a list of homes that are available.

Arlynn

Arlynn B. Palmer, ESQ, SRES, CBR, CMS, CNS
Associate Broker, REALTOR
Coldwell Banker Claire Sobel Real Estate
Direct: (516)410-3594
Email: Arlynn@ArlynnPalmer.com
Web Reference: http://www.ArlynnPalmer.com
In the general 11040 zip code area, you have the New Hyde Park/Garden City Park School District, also Herricks, Great Neck , Community District 26, and some may fall in the Mineola District--since opinions are often subjective, and what may be good for one is not necessarily the case for another, consider visiting the District(s) of interest, ask for a tour of the facilities, speak to the principals, teachers, superintendents, etc., and ask all your questions--then make a determination, will your comfort level be reached.